Is the watch band that comes with gray ceramic Series 3 available separately?

khammo01

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
Alternately, is the band that comes with the gray ceramic Apple Edition Series 3 the same color as the gray band that is available for purchase on Apple website? I got one of these used but it was missing the M/L band.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Alternately, is the band that comes with the gray ceramic Apple Edition Series 3 the same color as the gray band that is available for purchase on Apple website? I got one of these used but it was missing the M/L band.

Don't think it's the same as the one that came with the watch is gray/black and the standalone one is either gray or black. I presume this "gray/black" is somewhat a shade in between.

khammo01

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
Thanks, yeah I don't care if the inside bit is not a different color. Just looking if anyone with direct experience knows if they are the same shade of gray or not.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

No. The band that comes with the watch is called "gray/black", but Apple does not sell it separately. They have a gray and a black, but not gray/black.

That's similar to the Nike+ sport loop bands that are not available separately, and there are several Hermes bands that are not available separately.

khammo01

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
Thank you, I get that, I am hoping someone has first hand knowledge if they are the same shade of gray. I can see there is a solid gray band on the website but first hand knowledge would be great. If the answer is not known, then a reply isn’t needed. Thanks for everyone’s help.

No. The band that comes with the watch is called "gray/black", but Apple does not sell it separately. They have a gray and a black, but not gray/black.

That's similar to the Nike+ sport loop bands that are not available separately, and there are several Hermes bands that are not available separately.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks, yeah I don't care if the inside bit is not a different color. Just looking if anyone with direct experience knows if they are the same shade of gray or not.

From looking at them in an Apple Store the outside is the same or really similar shade of gray. The differences are that the pin on the Grey Black matches the grey case of the Ceramic Apple Watch, and the inside is black instead of grey.

If you're only interested in the outside color though, they are so similar I couldn't tell much of a difference.

khammo01

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
I got a Apple gray band and can confirm it is the same gray color. The differences are as described above. The latch pin is color coded to the watch for the band that came with Ceramic watch and the inside of the band has black accent.

In other words it's close enough for all intents and purposes.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It apple is going to charge upwards of $1400 for the AW 42mm then they should give you a better watch band, not the crappy sport band.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

I doubt it. I have the white ceramic Apple Watch series 3 and it came with a soft white band that has gray underneath. I know it’s not available to purchase separately so the gray version probably isn’t either.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77