Battery life on the LTE version with LTE off

tadnishida

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience using the LTE version of the watch with LTEoff? can you get away with only charging your phone for an hour a day? I want to use my watch for sleep tracking so can’t let it charge overnight.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience using the LTE version of the watch with LTEoff? can you get away with only charging your phone for an hour a day? I want to use my watch for sleep tracking so can’t let it charge overnight.

Well, I have the Series 3 without LTE and I can go 36 hours without charging and still have more than 30% battery life.
If you haven’t activated LTE or not using the LTE functionality very often you should have similar battery life.

I also use my watch during sleep for tracking with AutoSleep and have noticed only a decrease of 6 to 8 percent of battery life with DnD and Theatre Mode enabled on the watch.

tadnishida

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I had not thought about theater mode. I am also using AutoSleep with my series 0. Now I am just waiting for a good deal on an LTE version. I expect the LTE to chafe about the same rate as my 0. But the extra battery life should give me more flexibility as to when I charge it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm doing that very thing right now. I have the LTE version but have not activated LTE yet. I take my watch off the charger every morning at 7am when I leave for work. Right now I'm at 88% battery (7 1/2 hours off charger). I'll get home around 5:30pm, make dinner, go on my walk, watch tv a while then go to bed. Before bed I set the watch to theater and airplane mode so AutoSleep and HeartWatch can do their thing. When the alarm goes off at 6am I'm usually around 50%-ish battery and place it on the charger while I get up and get ready for work. So far, every time I've taken it off the charger at 7am it's been at 100% battery.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey Apple
Would it not be cool if we can charge our apple watch on the fly with the airpods case !

4f201732759b6135038323d646b8365b.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods