Keep Watch unlocked while wearing

jjinal

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
I recently purchased a Series 3 watch to use with my 8+. I can't seem to make the watch stay unlocked while I'm wearing it. My work email server requires a passcode on my phone which then requires a passcode on my watch. I thought the watch would stay unlocked while I was wearing it but that hasn't been the case. The problem with this is that the watch doesn't receive notifications while it's locked defeating the point of wearing a smartwatch.

Any suggestions??

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a Series 3 watch to use with my 8+. I can't seem to make the watch stay unlocked while I'm wearing it. My work email server requires a passcode on my phone which then requires a passcode on my watch. I thought the watch would stay unlocked while I was wearing it but that hasn't been the case. The problem with this is that the watch doesn't receive notifications while it's locked defeating the point of wearing a smartwatch.

Any suggestions??

I hate to point out the obvious, but make sure the watch isn’t to loose. It doesn’t need to be tight, but a fit to where it doesn’t move around a lot. Also, if you have any dark tattoos around the area where the sensors are can cause this issue too.

jjinal

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
I turned Wrist Detection off and that seems to work. What's not going to work properly with that setting turned off?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
The tattoo could be the reason, but it could be a defective Apple Watch. Try for a few days on the other wrist to check if the sensor is working properly.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I turned Wrist Detection off and that seems to work. What's not going to work properly with that setting turned off?

I believe Wrist Detection is what your watches used to determine if it’s being worn or not. So you might get notifications on both watch and phone. Apple Pay probably won’t work. I’m not sure if you’ll still have the ability for any heath recording features either with it off.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Ok, that way is going to work but is less secure, because if you accidentally lose the watch, it will be unlocked...
Try on the other wrist just to check if the Apple Watch is defective or not

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I believe Wrist Detection is what your watches used to determine if it’s being worn or not. So you might get notifications on both watch and phone. Apple Pay probably won’t work. I’m not sure if you’ll still have the ability for any heath recording features either with it off.
I don’t know about Apple Pay, but health features are working even with wrist detection turned off

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

The watch won’t give stand notifications. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207941

And, of course, if you lose your watch, whoever finds it can see your info if it’s not locked. If they are in a known WiFi location, they can send emails, messages, and maybe make calls if you have WiFi calling enabled on your phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2