Im considering going today to get another Apple Watch (sold my series 0) but I cant find a few clear answers even after searching for the past few hours.

Is streaming Apple Music and Apple Radio over wifi only available on the Series 3 watch? Can you not also Stream Apple music over wifi on the Series 1?

Battery life is rated at 18 hours for both devices but I see some people say its substantially better on Series 3. Is this the case?

I know about the 70% speed increase on Series 3 and the 50m water resistance vs splash proof and neither of those concern me.

The series 1 is on sale for $209.00 for a 42mm space grey vs $359.00 for a Series 3 42mm space grey.
    01-21-2018 01:14 PM
    Im considering going today to get another Apple Watch (sold my series 0) but I cant find a few clear answers even after searching for the past few hours.

Is streaming Apple Music and Apple Radio over wifi only available on the Series 3 watch? Can you not also Stream Apple music over wifi on the Series 1?

Battery life is rated at 18 hours for both devices but I see some people say its substantially better on Series 3. Is this the case?

I know about the 70% speed increase on Series 3 and the 50m water resistance vs splash proof and neither of those concern me.

The series 1 is on sale for $209.00 for a 42mm space grey vs $359.00 for a Series 3 42mm space grey.
    I don’t know about streaming music, but I can testify to the battery life of the Series 3. After 18 hours or so I still have 60%+ battery left. Granted that’s really only using it for notifications and a workout. That’s also not using LTE. Hopefully someone can answer your question about the music.
    01-21-2018 01:21 PM
    I don’t know about streaming music, but I can testify to the battery life of the Series 3. After 18 hours or so I still have 60%+ battery left. Granted that’s really only using it for notifications and a workout. That’s also not using LTE. Hopefully someone can answer your question about the music.
    Thank you. I cant understand why they list the battery life as the same if they clearly arent. The series 1 would surely last me an entire day since my series 0 did.

I should clarify, Im only looking at the wifi version. No need for LTE.

The music is the biggest concern because I mainly want it for the gym. I want to connect to wifi and stream Apple Music while my phone stays in the locker.
    01-21-2018 01:24 PM
    Thank you. I cant understand why they list the battery life as the same if they clearly arent. The series 1 would surely last me an entire day since my series 0 did.

I should clarify, Im only looking at the wifi version. No need for LTE.

The music is the biggest concern because I mainly want it for the gym. I want to connect to wifi and stream Apple Music while my phone stays in the locker.
    They list battery life based on average usage of all services. I also get battery life about the same or better than my 7 Plus on my iPhone X. But I also use night themes as much as possible and a black wallpaper.
    01-21-2018 01:30 PM
    As far as I have seen, streaming Apple Music and Apple Radio is only available to Series 3.

This page says Series 3 and doesn't mention the S1 or S2 at all: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204691
    Annie_8plus and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-21-2018 02:25 PM
    Well I picked up a Nike Series 3 before I went to the gym tonight.

I tried leaving the phone in the locker and use the apple music streaming app but it just says “no music. You can add music in the apple watch app on your phone”.

I guess I gotta mess around and figure out how to get it to connect to my apple music subscription and stream my library.

Thanks for the help on the series clarification though.
    01-21-2018 11:35 PM
    The battery life of the S3 is too good that you don’t have to think about it at all.

Streaming Apple Music works just fine via WiFi.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-22-2018 04:17 AM

Streaming Apple Music works just fine via WiFi.
    Do you know if thats just for the cellular version? I cant seem to get mine to show any of my library. It just says “No Music”.
    01-22-2018 07:33 AM
    Do you know if thats just for the cellular version? I cant seem to get mine to show any of my library. It just says “No Music”.
    Need some clarification between series 1 and 3 services-img_0043.jpg

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204691
    AppleKarma likes this.
    01-22-2018 08:01 AM
    Thank you. I saw that as well but then found where most articles only refer to the LTE version.

Im not sure why I cant see any music but Ill most likely reset the watch and start over at work today.
    01-22-2018 08:03 AM
    Thank you. I saw that as well but then found where most articles only refer to the LTE version.

Im not sure why I cant see any music but Ill most likely reset the watch and start over at work today.
    You have to first add the music or playlist to your Watch, whether cellular model or not. Apps like Tune-In radio still need the iPhone for streaming purposes, from what I gather.
    01-22-2018 08:09 AM
    You have to first add the music or playlist to your Watch, whether cellular model or not. Apps like Tune-In radio still need the iPhone for streaming purposes, from what I gather.
    Ive managed to get it working without a reset. I toggled "iCloud Library" off then back on in my phone and in a few minutes all my music showed up on my watch.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the right one I guess.
    doogald likes this.
    01-22-2018 09:45 AM