New to  Watch

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Nice! I've been debating going from a Fitbit Charge 2 over to an AW. No issues right now with fitbit other than every month or so it and Fitnesspal decide to break their integration for a few days. I don't really use the social side of it though mostly just step/HR/sleep tracking and sleep tracking is just a bonus.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I wonder what that BPM is? I was steady at 129 bpm and 3.4 mph. I guess I’ll have to work on that to figure it out. Thank you

That’s weird. Should’ve registered. Try it a few more times and let me know. You’ll get a few glitches here and there. Try killing the app and relaunching. Sometimes that’s all it takes.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I walk my dogs at about 1km per 9- 10 mins so around 6KMPH, and the outdoor walk works great, have a Nike so the Nike app is fine too.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
comiken205 said:
Ok. I wonder what that BPM is? I was steady at 129 bpm and 3.4 mph. I guess I’ll have to work on that to figure it out. Thank you

This is the problem I have with my Apple Workout— Outdoor Walk.

Apple, as to most fitness trackers, uses a proprietary algorithm to calculate Exercise Minutes (and calories, probably). It may involve several metrics, some or all of which must be met to earn credit. A failure to meet one, some, or all means you lose. But we don't know exactly what. I'd say at a minimum these are BPM, time, and distance. They could be used in several combinations along with other metrics.

Some times my average BPM is higher with fewer Exercise Minutes and sometimes it's the opposite. I'm fortunate to seldom be restricted to time, so extended my workout when it falls short isn't too much of a hardship. The plus side of doing so is that getting my bare minimum Green ring closed is now easier than when I started.

All I can do is frequently compare my Exercise Minutes earned compared to the ET and if the former is less it means I slacked off somewhere.