Apple Watch Series 3 Glass Screen protector question?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Have 2 new Apple Watch Series 3 in the family as of yesterday and was wondering if the tempered glass protectors are different for the series 3?

Looking at the Zagg Glass Luxe and it states it will only work on series 1 & 2

Is the face of the 3 different than past Apple Watches?

What is everyone using for screen protection on their series 3?

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I've seen negative reviews about screen protectors. I hear they peel off easily or eventually due to the curved edge of the AW screen.

Side note, I have a Spigen case that has a built in screen protector. No complaints on my end. Others don't like the bulk though. Bulk doesn't bother me because I'd rather play it safe. I take the case off when I know I won't be rough and tough.

AppleKarma

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I've seen negative reviews about screen protectors. I hear they peel off easily or eventually due to the curved edge of the AW screen.

Side note, I have a Spigen case that has a built in screen protector. No complaints on my end. Others don't like the bulk though. Bulk doesn't bother me because I'd rather play it safe. I take the case off when I know I won't be rough and tough.
Can you post a pic with the case on the watch please?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What is everyone using for screen protection on their series 3?

I don't have a S3, but a S2, but, if you have the aluminum watch, the display will scratch. I use a Skinomi screen protector. First, it not only prevents scratching, it also hides the scratches already on my display, it keeps the display cleaner (no more finger grease to clean), and it does not peel. The package comes with 6 protectors in case it does peel, and you only need one package for the two watches. It uses the method of wetting screen protector with an included solution to temporarily disable the adhesive, place the protector, squeegee out the water and wait for it to dry, but you can speed the process up considerably by using a hair dryer set to low to quicken the re-adhesion.

I had used a Zagg but it did peel, and I never replaced it until I noticed the scratches.

The Skinomi is less than $8 on Amazon, the last I checked. The Amazon listing doesn't mention that it comes with six protectors, but it does.

If you have a stainless steel watch, the display is sapphire glass and will resist scratching a lot more than the Ion-X Glass on the aluminum model.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I had the Series 0, Series 1, and now the Series 3 and didn't bother with screen protectors on any of them. The 0 and 1 didn't have any scratches on them when I sold them. My Series 3 doesn't yet either.

AFAIK the display on the 3 is the same size as the 1 and 2 though. IIRC the only difference is the Series 3 back is a little thicker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen