Watch OS 4.2 - issues?

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Just posting to see if anyone has noticed any issues with OS 4.2 on their watch. I have a series 2 and have had just the typical issues about the stand reminders and such up until this past weekend. I've had a couple of my running workouts not monitor my heart rate correctly for the length of my run. I don't think its a band issue because I have tried a couple of different bands and have had no issues when doing other types of workouts (yoga and walking). Just curious if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an issue like this on my S2. My stand reminders have been fine for quite a while now.

It is true that there are two different sorts of heart rate monitors on the Apple Watch - infrared for the normal, every ten minutes heart rate measurements, and an LED sensor used for workouts. (If you take your watch off right after finishing a workout, or even during, you should see the green LEDs lit up.) It's possible that you have a hardware issue with the LED heart rate sensor?

I suppose one thing to do is an un-pair/re-pair watch cycle to see if that fixes things.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been running watchOS 4.2 for quite some time and I’ve yet to experience any issues on either my Series 3 or my original series Watch.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Fingers crossed - 4.2 seems to have fixed the syncing problem I was experiencing whereby achievements weren't showing until 2-4 days after they should have. I'm cautiously optimistic!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods