New Apple Watch Bands

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Apple has introduced three new Watch bands:

newapplewatchcolors-800x261.jpg

There are also three new matching cases:

newsiliconecases-800x374.jpg

I just got two Sport Loops (Black, and Dark Olive) and thought I was done for awhile. But the new Flash (bright yellow) is also available in a Sport Loop. So I've got to check that out.

The Sport Loops are the most comfortable Apple Bands I've ever worn. I think the Milanese Loop (in Black) would be as comfortable. This will be my last Sport Loop until I see how they wear. I don't know how the band will hold up with the hook portion constantly pulling on the fabric.

My Black Mil-knock off has a very nice feel; it just doesn't stay tight and needs constant adjusting.

I frequently wear a yellow Sport knock-off and am frequently asked two questions— 'is that an Apple Watch' and 'are you a veteran'. This surprises me on both counts.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m interested to see how the Blue Teal looks like in person.
I’m all set for now with my Sport Bands and SB Milanese.
I can’t wait to see next year’s bands.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The Sport Loops are the most comfortable Apple Bands I've ever worn. I think the Milanese Loop (in Black) would be as comfortable.

In my experience - no, not it you have arm hair. The Milanese Loop is a fine band, but I do not find it as comfortable as the Sport Loop.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
In my experience - no, not it you have arm hair.

I do, and unless the Apple version is a worse implementation than this knock-off, I don't have any problems with snagging. My only complaint about the Mil-KO is that the magnet is too weak to hold an adjustment for long.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I do, and unless the Apple version is a worse implementation than this knock-off, I don't have any problems with snagging. My only complaint about the Mil-KO is that the magnet is too weak to hold an adjustment for long.

That is not a problem with the Apple Milanese, at least in my experience with it. I don't wear it often, but it always stays good and snug. My one issue was the time I was carrying my Messenger bag, which had a magnetic closure. When I sat on the bus with the bag in my lap, the band magnet kept getting attached to the bag as I lay my arm across the bag. That is obviously not a major issue. I've read some reviews where people had to occasionally adjust the band tighter, as it loosened or stretched as they wore it. That doesn't happen to me.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
@Mac Guy you know you had me with the title alone being that I'm an Apple watch band junkie...LOL! Well thankfully for once in my life none of the new sport band colors interest me...whew my money is safe for now!!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
ksassy said:
you know you had me with the title alone being that I'm an Apple watch band junkie...LOL!
@ksassy Well I do what I can. :D Looking at the Flash Sport Loop, I think I'll pass, but I like the Flash Sport Band and case.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
@ksassy Well I do what I can. :D Looking at the Flash Sport Loop, I think I'll pass, but I like the Flash Sport Band and case.

I like them too, and the sport loop (have a knock-off already). The sport band and case are definitely more "flashy" (see what I did there? ;)), but I like them. Would worry about getting them dirty though, but it might be worth the risk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro