Thanksgiving Day Challenge

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
26957215b5f123de78b676f86cf0f61e.jpg

I got my notification today for the Thanksgiving Day Challenge. I already plan to run a 5K on turkey day so I'm stoked that I'll earn an achievement for it too. Who else plans to accept the challenge?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I’m plan to get up early and get that one in. My dog will be very excited to get an early run in. Hopefully I will share her excitement. Lol.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Sadly, I’m not from the US... which means that I won’t be able to attain this award.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Who else plans to accept the challenge?

I'm in! I got mine last year and was hoping there'd be another this year. Fortunately it's distance and not Exercise minutes.

I love these Special Challenges. After earning one, or even a regular achievement, I send it to my Mac and make it a desktop image.

Sorry, 'wallpaper' for the non-Mac people. Yes, Apple uses 'wallpaper' too, but I'm old school.

I wonder if I can strap my Watch to my ankle and ride a bike, while using the Wheelchair mode. Much easier on the knees.

P43k

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi, guys!
Me and my friend were running today for the achievement. Unfortunately my friend stopped the actvity around 2 mi. He started a new actvity after that, so he run 3.3 mi today by 2 workout (2mi + 1.3 mi). Do you think, that he will get his achievement or must do this 3.1 mi in 1 workout?

I ask because the veterans day achievement he got 3-4 days after the challenge, so maybe he will get this later as well.

Thank you!

(I got the achievement immediately! :)2017-11-23.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys!
Me and my friend were running today for the achievement. Unfortunately my friend stopped the actvity around 2 mi. He started a new actvity after that, so he run 3.3 mi today by 2 workout (2mi + 1.3 mi). Do you think, that he will get his achievement or must do this 3.1 mi in 1 workout?

I’m not sure. The wording on the achievement suggests that you have to achieve the goal in one workout this time. But who knows if you really have to?

The important thing is to do the activity, not earn badges, if that’s any consolation if he doesn’t get the badge.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The important thing is to do the activity, not earn badges, if that’s any consolation if he doesn’t get the badge.

Boss! The badge! The badge!

Hey it's all about the badge! For what it's worth, I think as long as it was done as a Workout or two, I'll bet he gets the badge.

Let's not lose sight of the important thing:

Thanksgiving Challenge 2017.png

I GOT MINE!

It was easier this year than last, so that's an improvement. I'm not bothering with the November Monthly Challenge. It's just too demanding. Maybe December.

I'm looking forward to the New Year Challenge. Now to add the Thanksgiving 2017 Achievement to my Desktop Pictures.

Congratulations to everybody who accepted and bested the challenge!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
4a1c7dfcb80aaa9d5a36e0b07690a68e.jpg

Just getting around to posting mine. Long day of cooking and hosting family. I earned mine early this morning from the annual Turkey Trot I ran. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

Btw I don't care what anyone says it's all about the stinking badges and damn it I want mine