Series 2 Black Stainless Steel or Series 3 Aluminum with Cellular?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I need some quick advice. I can get a 42mm Black Stainless Steel Series 2 watch for $420 CAD or a 42mm Space Grey Aluminum Series 3 w/ Cellular for about $360 CAD. Both are new. Series 2 comes with AC+. Which one should I buy?

Note that I am not certain that I will be able to take advantage of the cellular function on the Series 3 because I use a grandfathered plan and the Watch might not be able to provision with it.

Please let me know your thoughts.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, no replies here...low demand for the Watch clearly. I decided to go with Series 3, because I still have my original Stainless Steel Black. For $360 CAD all in with cellular, I cannot see it being that difficult to sell if I decide that it's not up to my desired standards. Also, I won't feel bad about dipping it into the ocean in Hawaii :p

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I need some quick advice. I can get a 42mm Black Stainless Steel Series 2 watch for $420 CAD or a 42mm Space Grey Aluminum Series 3 w/ Cellular for about $360 CAD. Both are new. Series 2 comes with AC+. Which one should I buy?

Note that I am not certain that I will be able to take advantage of the cellular function on the Series 3 because I use a grandfathered plan and the Watch might not be able to provision with it.

Please let me know your thoughts.

If it were me, I’d get the Series 3 cellular model. Oh wait, that’s exactly what I have...(Laughing)....I have the space black model and it looks great. I typically wear business attire 6 days a week and I can wear it with any outfit I own. Granted, the stainless steel may look a bit more classy, but believe me, my Series 3 does too. Besides, why wouldn’t you get the newest and fastest Watch?

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would have recommended the S3 as well.
The processor itself is worth the upgrade, and the battery life is phenomenal.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
If it were me, I’d get the Series 3 cellular model. Oh wait, that’s exactly what I have...(Laughing)....I have the space black model and it looks great. I typically wear business attire 6 days a week and I can wear it with any outfit I own. Granted, the stainless steel may look a bit more classy, but believe me, my Series 3 does too. Besides, why wouldn’t you get the newest and fastest Watch?

I would have recommended the S3 as well.
The processor itself is worth the upgrade, and the battery life is phenomenal.
Picked up the Series 3 watch. I got it for $300 CAD since it had 1-2 small scuffs. For the $60 discount I got AppleCare+ for the Watch. In total, like new 42mm Series 3 Space Gray watch with AC+ for $360 CAD ($280 USD). I'm pretty happy!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Picked up the Series 3 watch. I got it for $300 CAD since it had 1-2 small scuffs. For the $60 discount I got AppleCare+ for the Watch. In total, like new 42mm Series 3 Space Gray watch with AC+ for $360 CAD ($280 USD). I'm pretty happy!

That’s great!
Enjoy your new S3! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner