Scrolling wheel

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new stainless and noticed that the digital crown is only grippy turning it in the downward motion but smooth in the upward motion. This is kind of annoying since it involves applying more pressure going upward than downward to get it to turn. I feel my old watch was grippy in both directions. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? You think it is worth getting this fixed or just first world problems?

Last edited:

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried rinsing it in warm water? Whenever my crown starts acting like that, a good rinse fixes it.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeh i tried that first as I thought it was due to sticking but turns out it is just because one edge of the wheel is more grippy than the other edge. Not sure if it is common because of the way the crowns are cut out of the machine and over time they will both get smoothed out. Anyone noticing this?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeh i tried that first as I thought it was due to sticking but turns out it is just because one edge of the wheel is more grippy than the other edge. Not sure if it is common because of the way the crowns are cut out of the machine and over time they will both get smoothed out. Anyone noticing this?

If this were me, I'd be looking for a warranty replacement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox