Veterans Day Challenge

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
This is a surprisingly easy Challenge.

Do an 11min workout on November 11 to earn this achievement:

veteransday_sticker.png

I really like this one and rain or shine it'll be mine. Most other Vets will be earning this, I'm sure.

There will also be some iMessage stickers awarded but I'm not much for stickers. If they're Vet-centric that might change.

We probably all know Vets who can't complete this Challenge and some, despite their adversity, that will.

To all my brothers-in-arms and to their families and loved ones— remember those you've served with, those that returned, those that didn't, and thank you for your service and sacrifice.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I got my notification this morning so I'll definitely be doing this one since it's easy cheesy.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I've got to do mine in a few minutes. Weather isn't great where I am so I don't want to get caught in the rain! LOL Just closing my Exercise ring will get it done before the ring even closes!

P43k

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi, did you get the achievement? I made today 15 min. indoor cycling + 25 min outdoor walking but didn ´t get it :raised-eyebrow:

Last edited:

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am almost embarrassed by how much I concern myself with these achievement badges. My wife is a workout animal and gets them all the time. If I don’t close all my rings on Monday, I feel defeated as I can’t get the 7 day badges and am out of the running for the monthly.

It is crazy! On Mother’s Day , I did the required workout and my wife got her badge almost immediately and I didn’t . I was pissed, I got it like 3 days later and it was a joke how upset I was... I have issues!! LOL

I will get out there this morning and grab this easy one

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, did you get the achievement? I made today 15 min. indoor cycling + 25 min outdoor walking but didn ´t get it :raised-eyebrow:

Just to ask what may be an obvious question, did you record these workouts with either the stock workout app on the watch, or a third party app that writes data to the Activity app on the watch and iPhone? It may not be obvious from the wording of the challenge, but you actually have to record a workout with a workout app on the watch for it to count.

P43k

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Just to ask what may be an obvious question, did you record these workouts with either the stock workout app on the watch, or a third party app that writes data to the Activity app on the watch and iPhone? It may not be obvious from the wording of the challenge, but you actually have to record a workout with a workout app on the watch for it to count.

I did these workouts with the official watch workout app. I don´t kwow what can be the problem :straight-face:

I just got a DM on twitter from Apple Support. They said that "it can take up to 9 days for the achievement to appear."

So I think I just have to wait.

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Mine showed up immediately after I completed the workout.

Veterans Day  2017.png

Likewise.

In fact, I quit my Workout 15min in and in less than 1min it showed up. I restarted and finished my walk.

This happens to a lot of people. It probably depends on the luck of the draw. This was a very easy challenge, so I imagine a lot of Watchers will have tried it. Your achievement may show up later today, tonight, or in a day or two.

Also, check the Apple Health utility to make sure your Workout is recored there. That was one of the conditions.

P43k

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
View attachment 120321

Likewise.

In fact, I quit my Workout 15min in and in less than 1min it showed up. I restarted and finished my walk.

This happens to a lot of people. It probably depends on the luck of the draw. This was a very easy challenge, so I imagine a lot of Watchers will have tried it. Your achievement may show up later today, tonight, or in a day or two.

Also, check the Apple Health utility to make sure your Workout is recored there. That was one of the conditions.

Can you show me please, what should I see in the Healt app? Thank you!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I did these workouts with the official watch workout app. I don´t kwow what can be the problem :straight-face:

I just got a DM on twitter from Apple Support. They said that "it can take up to 9 days for the achievement to appear."

In addition to my other post, which you answered, are you in the United States? This challenge is US only.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Can you show me please, what should I see in the Healt app? Thank you!

If you use Spotlight to find the Health app, touch the Today icon in the lower left of the displays. You should see the info from today's Workout, including:

Move (calories)
Exercise (min)
Stand (HRS)

and

Active Energy (kCal)
Resting Energy (kcal)
Steps
Walking + Running Distance (mi.)
etc.

As long as qualifying activity shows in the Apple Health app, you should get the Veteran's Day Achievement.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
3fad898d40d1163218f179214f2455b8.png

I normally take off on the weekends from running but this was too easy to pass up so instead I did a fast pace walk on my treadmill for 30 minutes. I know I only had to do 11 minutes to qualify for the achievement but I'm not a bare minimum kinda girl 🚶*♀️

Edit: Thank you to all who have served our country

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW