This is for all the people who roll naked

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Looking at everyone's pictures of damaged watches make me cringe. I'd have to have apple care because I'm a total klutz!

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
So far, I only have a few very light, barely noticeable scratches on my series 0. Other than that, the screen is pristine. The scratches are on the sides because I tend to be clumsy with my hands and have hit it on stuff. Now I have a Spigen Tough Armor 2 case on it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Going naked is always a calculated risk but well worth it. I refuse to put a case on a watch!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I will say this - my husband has my series 1 that has been around for over two years now, no protection on it and not a scratch on the glass. My series 2 I’ve had since shortly before the series 3 announcement and I figured I wouldn’t need anything in it considering how well the 1 aged.

The top edge of the glass has numerous nicks and scratches and I’ve had to order a screen protector.

It’s been treated no differently than my old series 1. The glass is clearly not the same durability.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I will say this - my husband has my series 1 that has been around for over two years now, no protection on it and not a scratch on the glass. My series 2 I’ve had since shortly before the series 3 announcement and I figured I wouldn’t need anything in it considering how well the 1 aged.

The top edge of the glass has numerous nicks and scratches and I’ve had to order a screen protector.

It’s been treated no differently than my old series 1. The glass is clearly not the same durability.

By chance, is one stainless steel and the other aluminum? That might explain the difference in the glass as the stainless model uses sapphire crystal.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just out of curiosity... when you replace a watch with Apple care do you still get to keep the old broken watch?

You do not. You need to send the old watch in. Just the watch, no bands or chargers. Apple then sends you either a repaired watch or a replacement.

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction on a good gorilla type glass for my aws3 mine is less then a month old and already has a few light but noticeable scratches on the screen and it happened from only brushing on the inside of my car door :/ from reaching for my seatbelt

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I roll naked because...well...it's a watch, lol. I also didn't get AppleCare+. The need for it on my phone is greater because I "need" my phone. Need is probably a strong word but I place a greater level of importance on my phone than I do my watch.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No more naked for me. No, I didn't NEED to get this, just wanted to try something different.

Spigen Tough Armor case. Little bulkier than what I had but still not bad for a case and screen protector.

f78b19979e783cb01f7a3f1d655ec560.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice