I will say this - my husband has my series 1 that has been around for over two years now, no protection on it and not a scratch on the glass. My series 2 I’ve had since shortly before the series 3 announcement and I figured I wouldn’t need anything in it considering how well the 1 aged.

The top edge of the glass has numerous nicks and scratches and I’ve had to order a screen protector.

It’s been treated no differently than my old series 1. The glass is clearly not the same durability.
    02-05-2018 09:38 PM
    I will say this - my husband has my series 1 that has been around for over two years now, no protection on it and not a scratch on the glass. My series 2 I’ve had since shortly before the series 3 announcement and I figured I wouldn’t need anything in it considering how well the 1 aged.

The top edge of the glass has numerous nicks and scratches and I’ve had to order a screen protector.

It’s been treated no differently than my old series 1. The glass is clearly not the same durability.
    By chance, is one stainless steel and the other aluminum? That might explain the difference in the glass as the stainless model uses sapphire crystal.
    doogald likes this.
    02-05-2018 10:00 PM
    By chance, is one stainless steel and the other aluminum? That might explain the difference in the glass as the stainless model uses sapphire crystal.
    Nope. Both sport aluminum.
    02-09-2018 10:48 AM
    Just out of curiosity... when you replace a watch with Apple care do you still get to keep the old broken watch?
    You do not. You need to send the old watch in. Just the watch, no bands or chargers. Apple then sends you either a repaired watch or a replacement.
    02-09-2018 11:22 AM
    Can anyone point me in the right direction on a good gorilla type glass for my aws3 mine is less then a month old and already has a few light but noticeable scratches on the screen and it happened from only brushing on the inside of my car door :/ from reaching for my seatbelt
    02-09-2018 11:27 AM
    I roll naked because...well...it's a watch, lol. I also didn't get AppleCare+. The need for it on my phone is greater because I "need" my phone. Need is probably a strong word but I place a greater level of importance on my phone than I do my watch.
    02-09-2018 11:36 AM
    No more naked for me. No, I didn't NEED to get this, just wanted to try something different.

Spigen Tough Armor case. Little bulkier than what I had but still not bad for a case and screen protector.

AppleKarma likes this.
    02-09-2018 12:10 PM
    7hrs 10min. I'm envious. 5hrs is the longest I can sleep unless I've been up 20+.
    02-14-2018 07:36 PM
    No case or no Apple care. Didn't think that i'd need either for such a cheap watch.
    02-18-2018 06:22 PM
34 12