Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, what is this new icon on the right? The blue WiFi button. I didn’t notice it until today when I paired my watch with the new X. But, battery drain has been noticeably worse today and I don’t know what’s causing it. Didn’t know if I have it paired wrong and it’s on the wrong network and not piggybacking off of my phone.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, there’s a new element in Control Center which will be especially welcome to those Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular owners who found an issue with connectivity when they first got their Watch. The issue was the Watch would connect to a known Wi-Fi network, even if you didn’t want it to. And if that network required a password, which you couldn’t enter on your Watch, you were stuffed.

Not everyone suffered from this – it happened to me literally once and only for a few minutes.

An earlier update fixed this, but now the new Control Center takes things a stage further. The new element is a toggle for Wi-Fi which means that users can choose to connect to cellular rather than wi-fi. So if it did connect erroneously, this toggle lets you switch to the cellular connection instead. Obviously, this only applies if your iPhone is not nearby.

In other words, though the issue had been sorted already, this gives extra control. Neat.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidp...iant-benefit-should-you-upgrade/#3e9dc9b295bc

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro