Contact names not showing up since update to 4.1

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I updated my Series 3 to 4.1 none of my contact names are syncing on the watch. Text messages just come in as the number. I've turned both the watch and the phone off, still no change. Is anyone else having this problem? I never had it before 4.1 and don't know what the issue is but its really frustrating me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings > Contacts in the Watch app and disable ‘Mirror’.

Restart the watch and enable ‘Mirror’.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I updated my Series 3 to 4.1 none of my contact names are syncing on the watch. Text messages just come in as the number. I've turned both the watch and the phone off, still no change. Is anyone else having this problem? I never had it before 4.1 and don't know what the issue is but its really frustrating me.

This just happened to me as well and going to settings / contacts and disabling mirror, restarting the watch, and re-enabling mirror did not work for me.

What did work, in case this happens to anybody else, is to open the Watch app on the iPhone, go to General / Reset / Reset Sync Data, and wait a couple of minutes. This erases all contact and calendar data from the watch and re-syncs from the iPhone in one step. No restart of the phone is required.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2