November Challenge Achievement

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
As some of you have already noticed, there is a November Challenge, and I assume there will be a Monthly Challenge every month for the foreseeable future.

Apple is being far too aggressive with these challenges. Well, at least for some of us!

It took all I could do to meet last months challenge of almost exactly doubling my Exercise Minutes from a daily average of 30-35 to 54!

The by-product of that was an increase in my monthly calories burned. So naturally Apple thinks for my challenge I should increase my calories burned by 4000. Again, this almost doubles last month's calories burned. C'mon, Apple!!

I'll give it a mild go, but I'm not afraid to quit at the drop of a hat. I'll continue the workouts but no b-busting workouts for me.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
As some of you have already noticed, there is a November Challenge, and I assume there will be a Monthly Challenge every month for the foreseeable future.

Apple is being far too aggressive with these challenges. Well, at least for some of us!

It took all I could do to meet last months challenge of almost exactly doubling my Exercise Minutes from a daily average of 30-35 to 54!

The by-product of that was an increase in my monthly calories burned. So naturally Apple thinks for my challenge I should increase my calories burned by 4000. Again, this almost doubles last month's calories burned. C'mon, Apple!!

I'll give it a mild go, but I'm not afraid to quit at the drop of a hat. I'll continue the workouts but no b-busting workouts for me.

I don't think I've gotten any challenges on my AW. At least nothing I've paid attention to.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So, the advantage of going on vacation for most of October is that my November monthly challenge is to close my "move" ring 8 times this month, to improve on closing it 6 times in October. (My October challenge was to burn 27,995 calories for the month, or 903 per day.)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't think I've gotten any challenges on my AW. At least nothing I've paid attention to.

You get a one-time notification on the Watch and it's easy to miss it.

But you can navigate to the Achievements section in the iPhone Activity app and see it and your progress, should you choose to accept this mission:

November Challenge.PNG

There are two 11/2017 Achievement badges. One is the Perfect Month Achievement and the other is the Monthly Challenge Achievement. You want the second one with the grayed-out background behind the 11.

The Challenges are unique to the user so yours could be anything such as completing all of your rings five times in the month or the equivalent of scaling Mt. Kilimanjaro. Twice. More likely somewhere in between.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

In the watch app on the iPhone, I would check that “special challenges” is checked under “activity” if you want to get notified of these challenges. It should be checked by default. (It’s also under Notifications / Activity in the watch app, but it’s the same setting.)

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks guys! I checked my settings and it's all set up. Maybe it's because I've only had my Series 3 for just under a month. Maybe they'll start showing up after I've had it a full month.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The monthly Challenges should show up on the 1st as I've shown in the Activity app.

The Special Challenges can show up a few days before the event as a notification and in the Activity app. They are also usually announced at some of the various tech sites.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I got a notification that I completed my November challenge yesterday. It wasn't much of a challenge though as you can see.

IMG_0079.jpg

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
My October goal was not realistic and I didn't get it. My November goal, double my move goal 15 times, is very realistic and I plan to achieve it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So, the advantage of going on vacation for most of October is that my November monthly challenge is to close my "move" ring 8 times this month, to improve on closing it 6 times in October. (My October challenge was to burn 27,995 calories for the month, or 903 per day.)

Done.

fullsizeoutput_491f.jpeg

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit sad because my Nov achievement is super hard and its unlikely I will get it. I have to double my move points which is set at 520.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm a bit sad because my Nov achievement is super hard and its unlikely I will get it. I have to double my move points which is set at 520.

I'm right their with you. Mine is also too steep for me. Ordinarily, I'd then have to settle for the Perfect Month achievement but because of the rain, that's out for November as well.

I think Apple is far too aggressive with their Monthly Achievements. But that may be a fault of their algorithm(s) for computing them. I know some people who've set there goals very low and exceeded them by several hundred percent, so that may confuse things.

When you set up your Health app, (I think it was the Health app) you had a choice of activity levels. I'm sure that figures into the calculations, too.

I worked really hard to get my October achievement and it took a few days to recuperate. Then I get my November Challenge and it looks like Apple said 'Say, you almost doubled your daily Exercise minutes in October so how about a 25% increase in your daily average calories. Easy, huh?'

No, not so much.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If makes you "sad", why not get set a lower move goal?

Otherwise, take on the challenge and move more. ;)

I have thought about lowering my move goal but I feel like that would be cheating the system so I'm trying to move more and I had to accept that I may not get this month's achievement.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have thought about lowering my move goal but I feel like that would be cheating the system so I'm trying to move more and I had to accept that I may not get this month's achievement.

I like the way you think. Not to mention since the challenge as already been issued, Apple might not allow changes once the gauntlet has been thrown down. At least I like to believe that's how they think.

shpyda

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
I completed my November challenge last night as far as the numbers go and I still haven’t gotten the badge. Does it wait until the end of November?!

Attachments

• 911B57F8-58BC-456E-A49F-87A99942B494.jpeg
    911B57F8-58BC-456E-A49F-87A99942B494.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 0

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I completed my November challenge last night as far as the numbers go and I still haven’t gotten the badge. Does it wait until the end of November?!

It doesn't necessarily wait, but once in a while some people report that it takes a little while to award the badge after you complete it. I did get mine right away, though.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Does it wait until the end of November?!

No. There may be different reasons why it takes some people longer than others, but I don't believe there's any wait pr delay programmed in. Several people have stated that it's taken them a few days to get theirs.

The longest mine have taken was a few hours, once. All other times, including todays Thanksgiving Challenge almost immediately. I ended my walk at 3.1mi and in less than a minute, I got my achievement notification.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711