Apple Watch Series 3 easy to complete rings

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I’m pretty sure my Apple Watch Series 3 is faulty. I smash my exercise and calorie rings everyday without any effort. Take today for example, I have done very little, no workouts at all and my rings are filled easily. I even spent 2.5 hours driving between 10am and 12:30pm.

I had a Series 2 before this and days like today those rings were about 50% complete. Anyone any ideas?

8a95f4fab88788ef4ae0d725e0f92cc8.png

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Did you register your weight and your height?
You might also want to take a 30 minute outdoor walk to calibrate the Watch.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you register your weight and your height?
You might also want to take a 30 minute outdoor walk to calibrate the Watch.

This. I was just going to ask how long you have had it. The Apple Watch definitely gets more accurate over time. I know when I first got my watch I was getting credit for exercising when I’d take the dog out and just walk around the yard. Now I have to get my heart rate up more for it to register as exercise.

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a series 2 prior to this for a year and restored the Series 3 from that backup. I have my height and weight in there and have done a few runs and walks with HRM running etc.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I had a series 2 prior to this for a year and restored the Series 3 from that backup. I have my height and weight in there and have done a few runs and walks with HRM running etc.

Hmm, if that’s the case you can try and raise your Move goal.

The exercise ring is easy to complete if you’re active throughout the day, brisk walking, etc..

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Rather than restore, I'd unpair and re-pair, but set it up as new, to see if that changes anything. It's a bit of a pain to reset all of the settings and faces back to the way that you want, but not terrible. You won't lose any activity data; that's all stored on the Health app on the iPhone.

If it still is off, it's probably time for a Genius Bar appointment or a call to Apple Care to see if there is a hardware issue.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Check your settings and make sure WheelChair is not enabled. That will skew your activity measurements.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2