Broken screen

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a series 1 Apple Watch, as I was putting the watch back on, after clearing the metal detector, at work...I dropped it. The Watch landed face first on a tile floor from about 48”.

6ac57aad644026f9a94e5139daffa8ee.jpg

I did not have Apple care, and Apple won’t fix them. Anyone know of any decent third party companies that will replace the screen for me? I am all thumbs, I can’t even get a screen protector on straight.

I have already taken the opportunity to upgrade to a series 3, and bought Apple care for the replacement. But I would like to get the series 1 fixed and either keep it as a spare/back up or pass it down to my son if he wants it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A replacement screen will run $99 for the 38 and $159 for the 42 from iFixit. That includes the digitizer. Would it be worth it? And that's if you fix it yourself.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend getting a Series 3 instead to replace it.

He already did if you read the total post. He wants to keep the series one as a back up or pass it down to his son.

OP, you can pick up a new 42mm Series one for under $300. I’d honestly go that route or find a legitimate used one for around 2-250. That’d be a better option because the total cost of repair is over half the cost of a new watch. Just not a feasible or efficient use of your money.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
He already did if you read the total post. He wants to keep the series one as a back up or pass it down to his son.

OP, you can pick up a new 42mm Series one for under $300. I’d honestly go that route or find a legitimate used one for around 2-250. That’d be a better option because the total cost of repair is over half the cost of a new watch. Just not a feasible or efficient use of your money.

I can get a out of warranty replacement for 200, so I think I won’t bother fixing it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know of any decent third party companies that will replace the screen for me? I am all thumbs, I can’t even get a screen protector on straight.

I'd just toss it. Or maybe, if I felt moved, I'd eBay it for parts only and maybe get a few bucks. If that fell through, I'd toss it. After seeing the iFixit teardown, I wouldn't trust anybody but Apple to fix it. And since Apple won't...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2