Is Apple watch a must have when buying an iPhone? What are the advantages of having both an iPhone and Apple watch?

I am that good.
    10-16-2017 01:47 AM
    I wouldn’t call it a must have. I used a Pebble Steel before my Apple Watch and have been using smart watches for years. It’s just a part of normal every day usage now. The Activity app and heart rate monitor is nice for helping to keep you more active. It has its niceties but definitely not essential.
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-16-2017 01:58 AM
    The Watch helps you get better connected with the Apple ecosystem. It isn’t a must-have if you don’t need health tracking and things like that.
    10-16-2017 03:14 AM
    Not a must-have, but I mainly use it for notifications and activity tracking so it has become an essential part of my life, saves me the trouble of always bringing out my phone to check.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-16-2017 04:00 AM
    If your big into fitness then go for the sport series 2. Honestly I use mine mainly for notifications which my pebble steel did just as good and in my opinion better built. A guy at work chipped the corner of his AW screen and it popped off. I re assembled it for him because apple wanted $199 to fix a 1st gen sport. My wife's stainless steel has a chip at the heart rate sensor less than a year old. I truly think a fit bit has better build .
    10-16-2017 05:29 AM
    It’s not a must have but saying that if mine broke today I’d have a new one tomorrow.
    I’m not big into fitness but I use it for monitoring walks and keeping active which has helped.
    Means my phone always has charge cos I can leave it plugged in and still do bits around the house without missing anything.

As above tho, they are fragile and expensive compared to other smart watches
    10-16-2017 06:11 AM
    I pretty much have to agree with all the above replies. While I don't think it's a "must have", if I broke mine today I'd stop by the Apple store on the way home for a replacement. I use mine mainly for notifications and to skip songs when I'm on my daily walk or bike ride. The heart monitor sensor is also nice to have.
    10-16-2017 09:00 AM
    It's not a must-have, but it certainly is awesome. And it extends the use and features of your iPhone.
    Just_Me_D and ksassy like this.
    10-16-2017 06:43 PM
    Believe it or not, software wise it virtually useless if you have your phone on you. I got it because of the aesthetics to be honest. It does tell time well, it gives some notifications that I like but outside that, it’s actually not that useful. But it looks sharp, and it’s still unique so I wear it daily.
    10-16-2017 07:23 PM
    It's not a must-have, but it certainly is awesome. And it extends the use and features of your iPhone.
    ‘Nuf said...
    SwitchBeach likes this.
    10-16-2017 09:37 PM
    I wouldn't call it a must have. I have both an Apple Watch and a Garmin Fenix 5s. It's nice for the extended ecosystem but I prefer my Garmin as I workout regularly and it is far more accurate than my Apple Watch. I think you should base any watch decision on how you plan to use the watch. For some people a Fitbit will do and can save some money. Not putting the Apple Watch down at all. It's a great watch for what it does.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-17-2017 10:26 PM
    Is Apple watch a must have when buying an iPhone?
    No.
    10-19-2017 04:29 AM
    Not a must have but fitness is important to me much like notifications. Notifications and alarms because I'm an IT admin. I like the way Apple Watch serves both of my work and personal interests well. The design - physical and software - are appealing for both of my work and personal time compared to watches optimized for sports or more simple products.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-24-2017 10:29 AM
    Is Apple watch a must have when buying an iPhone? What are the advantages of having both an iPhone and Apple watch?
    1. No. I love having both, though. Still, I got by just fine without the watch.

2. Discrete messages on your wrist rather than having to pull out your phone all of the time, a quick glance to see what time it is, great fitness tracking
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-24-2017 10:45 AM
    I’ve been kinda looking at the series 3 with cellular. Don’t know if it’s worth it for me. I haven’t worn a watch in about 35 - 40 years.
    10-24-2017 12:06 PM
    Is Apple watch a must have when buying an iPhone?
    For me, yes it is. For you, probably not or you would already have one.
    10-26-2017 03:26 PM
    Despite purchasing a Series 3 and enjoying it I would say it’s not. Of course, each person has their own reasons for buying a product and the opinions reflected by each person will vary. In my case, it’s an extension of my phone. I don’t ever leave my house without my phone but I do leave without my watch if I’ll only be going down the street. But I mostly like that I can walk around the house without my phone and see texts/receive calls without any effort. Maybe $430 was a bit excessive for my use but as a gadget head it’s definitely worth it to me.
    11-04-2017 01:29 AM