How are you getting on with your Series 3?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For new Series 3 owners out there, how are you getting on with it? How's the data connectivity? Experience any issues there? Are you used to that red dot on the crown?

I decided to stick with my Series 2, partly because a) it still works great and b) in my area cell providers are not providing service :(

Sound off - curious to see how everyone is making out with their new watches!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve been more active thanks to my Series 3 AW. It’s super fast (no lag), and the battery life is very very impressive.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I love it! Battery life is excellent. I am in a situation that I am on limited activity but as soon as I get the go ahead will be resuming my normal routine. But so far so good
The red dot is not an issue for me.
Glad I got it

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just got mine on Wednesday. Coming from a first gen Apple Watch this one seems much quicker and I sent my first text from it today outside of the Bluetooth range of my phone. That was a new experience for me. The red dot isn’t even something I notice. I’m a T-shirt and jeans kind of guy so I don’t concern myself with red dots on watches.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm extremely happy with my Series 3 GPS. I had considered swapping to an LTE version and, as much of anything because of the lack of availability, I stuck with the GPS. I'm loving the battery life of the Series 2; I could likely get about two days (40 hours or so) on a single charge, if I choose to. Because of the battery life, I've started using my watch to track my sleep.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It's only been a few days, but so far so good. Some minor hiccups with LTE, but over all it's great watch. If you don't need/want LTE then I don't know the the jump from the AW2 is significant enough. I do notice a little more speed and slightly longer battery life, but I was very happy with AW2.

I did have a couple time where I was testing the LTE and had to toggle the cell on and off to get it to connect, but it was a quick fix and then it worked great. I won't use it a ton, but there will be times that it's nice to have so I will probably keep the LTE version.

Oh, and no issue with the red dot. It's not my favorite thing about the watch, but it hasn't bothered me so far.

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm a new AW owner, the Series 3LTE is my first.

First off, I am impressed with the battery life -- typically, at the end of a day of normal use, I've still got more than 50% battery life remaining. My cell service provider has not yet launched the LTE service for the watch, so it is either on bluetooth or WiFi.

I find the fitness reminders great, I'm enjoying customizing the faces, I've got Mickey and Minnie both talking (I'm going to designate myself as a psychological counsellor), and the response time of the watch seems pretty fast to me.

A fitness tracker/heartbeat reader was what I first wanted, but after a week and a half with the AW, I'm really happy with being able to read messages and e-mails without having to dig my iPhone out of my pack, and even the maps app on the small screen is fairly useful.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Huge upgrade from my old Series 0. I haven’t messed with cellular yet so I can’t comment there. The red dot has never bothered me either. I tend to do more with the S3 than I did with the S0, partly because the battery life is so much better and partly because it just works faster.

StefanKlaus

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I love mine and have no issue with it.
I specially like the hard-top roof and .... ho wait ... 3 series the watch ... :redface:
Yes I also love it :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen