Can't Send SMS Texts on Series 3 with ver 4.01

Gator5000e

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Since getting the series 3 (with LTE but not activated yet) I am unable to reply to SMS texts from my Android touting friends. I will reply to the text, which comes in fine on the watch, but after I reply, i will eventually get unable to send this message. The green line makes it about 95% of the way across the top of the watch with the word Sending above it. But it fails every time.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The phone must be on with either WiFi or LTE enabled. If the watch doesn't have LTE enabled, you will not be able to send SMS messages. Only iMessage will work and that goes between Apple devices only.

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm not so sure. I have Series 3 LTE, but with LTE not enabled yet. My iPhone is a 6S. I can send and receive texts from a friend with a Blackberry. Ditto for my son-in-law who uses a Samsung android phone.

Gator5000e

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
The phone must be on with either WiFi or LTE enabled. If the watch doesn't have LTE enabled, you will not be able to send SMS messages. Only iMessage will work and that goes between Apple devices only.

Actually I fixed it by turning iMessages off and then back on twice. The second time I got a pop up message that iMessages is now activated on a new Apple Watch. So something had caused the Watch to become disconnected regarding SMS messages. Maybe to update to Watch OS 4.01. Anyway, it’s working now.