New Sport Loop band

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
These new bands should work with my Series 1 Watch right?

The sport loop doesn’t suffer from micro-adjustments like the Milanese loop does it?

If yes to both, I can see a stop by the  store on way back home today from traveling

Do you have the official Apple Milanese or a knock off?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

The sport loop doesn’t suffer from micro-adjustments like the Milanese loop does it?

If yes to both, I can see a stop by the  store on way back home today from traveling

Haven’t had to make a single micro adjustment. Really enjoying this band.

I like the sport loop, but I will wait for someone to make a copy of it, and sell it on Amazon. I would spend $20 for one, but not $50.

I hear ya. The sport loop definitely seems “cheaper” than the other bands. I think $50 is steep. Well, it’s steep for some of the others, too.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought the midnight blue sports loop and been very happy with it. I was typically using a (knock off) Milanese Loop and this has been even more comfortable. I'm not having to make the micro-adjustments, the velcro holds the band securely.

The color is the odd thing about the midnight blue. Because of the Velcro loops, the band almost looks white (depending on lighting) with a dark blue border.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
mumfoau said:

1) Yes, as you know by now. :)
2) Yes, again. The hook and loop is Velcro® and not some Brand X. Most people don't have problems with micro-adjusting the Apple Milanese Loop, but there are definitely a lot of people who have to constantly adjust the knock-offs. I'm one of them.

For my money, Apple or otherwise, the Milanese Loop is the most comfortable of any Apple Watch band. The magnet isn't strong enough nor the rubber grippy enough, but the band is very, very comfortable and feels far more expensive than it is (was). Because of the micro-adjusting, I don't wear it much, and not for a whole day. Evening wear.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I like the sport loop, but I will wait for someone to make a copy of it, and sell it on Amazon. I would spend $20 for one, but not $50.

I'm curious as to how well the inevitable knock-offs will wear. Apple uses real Velcro®. Knock-off hook and loop is notoriously bad at enduring. And as I said before, the Apple Sport Loop feels very nice. I'd say it's the second best band Apple sells, right behind the Milanese Loop, for fit, comport, and breathing.

The color is the odd thing about the midnight blue. Because of the Velcro loops, the band almost looks white (depending on lighting) with a dark blue border.

All Apple's Nylon bands have some extra color in the body of the bad, with the edges carrying the bulk of the stated color. The black Nylon Woven and Sport Loop bands both have color highlights that keep them from being completely black. That adds a bit of fashion glam, which is OK. It helps elevate in to casual-formal from strictly come casual.

But I'd like to see some actual black bands to go with the Space Gray Watches, when going casual.

One word about the Sport Loops— because it's a loop band, similar to the Milanese, the end of the band is captive. It never opens up like two-piece Watch bands, so it doesn't fall off your wrist when your putting in on or taking it off. However this means the loop opening is fixed so if you have big hands, it may be difficult to put it on (and obviously...).

I don't recall if it's available in two different sizes, but you should check that out before you buy.

(Ok that was a lot of words.)