Apparently there's an achievement for October 2017 that I only just found out about via a notification on my Watch. Possibly something new in wOS4, I don't know.

What I do know is the Watch told my minutes ago I'm 'behind on this month's challenge' that in order to earn the 10/2017 achievement badge I'll have to average 61 Exercise minutes every day! That will be no mean feat for me. Currently it takes me approximately 40min to get 30 Exercise minutes.

This is the first ever I've seen this type of challenge, but I saw elsewhere that someone said they got it for July and September. This may be the deal of Apple regularly raising the bar Exercise-wise based on your previous performance.

If that's the case, I'll plateau big time. I'm lucky to have earned the badges for perfect months for the three previous months.

And apparently there are two badges— a gold and a silver.
    10-07-2017 07:28 AM
    Yeah I can’t remember if the monthly challenges are watchOS 4 specific or not, but they are monthly. And your exercise goal isn’t 61 minutes every day, it’s 61 daily average. You can do a lot one day to greatly affect that number. You can also see your current progress on the achievements page of the Activity app on your iPhone. My October goal is calories. 36,xxx calories I think.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-07-2017 08:15 AM
    I’m afraid to even look at my move information.......Unlike my previous occupation, I’m stationary most of the day sitting at my desk, in meetings or on conference calls. If it weren’t for...um...removing the morning coffee, I probably wouldn’t move at all...(Laughing)
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-07-2017 09:29 AM
    I'll have to average 61 Exercise minutes every day!
    I got the average part. That means at some point(s) I could to less than 61min/day but at others I'd have to do more than 61min/day to meet the average, and that would be tough. Doing two walks a day might let me meet that, but it would a serious crimp in my day, especially for October.

I've never this reference to this particular challenge before, and it might be one I'll have to pass. I've received the Perfect Month Achievement badges June, July, August, and September for meeting my Move goal every day of those months.

This may be Apple saying I have to step up the pace. (LOL)

--Breaking News--

Ok, in one respect it is Apple tell me to step up.

There are two 10/27 badges available for Oct. I haven't seen that before. One is for the same as previous months— 'reaching' the Move goals every day of October, the other for 'averaging at least 54min/day. So far your average is 6min/day'. And now I have to increase that daily average to 61min/day.

I've closed my Exercise ring (30min) every day of October so I'm not sure how Activity app came up with the current 6min/day average.

Anyway it looks like the first 10/2017 badge is the Perfect Month challenge based on Move goals same as my previous badges, and the second is the October Challenge based on Exercise minutes. This first is almost a given, but the second will be a true challenge for me.
    10-07-2017 07:10 PM