Got the 38mm GPS only and think I should have gone larger.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I ordered from B&H Photo and got my watch yesterday. I got silver case with fog sport band in the small size and I don’t think I like it. I’m wishing I’d gone for the larger watch and a different color

Anyone else have the 38mm in silver? What are your thoughts.

This is my first Apple Watch. Oh, and it is series 3.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Join the club. I got the 38mm first gen, secondhand, last year.
I did this because I wasn’t sure if the Watch was something I’d like or not.
Boy, have I regret not having waited a little longer to get the Series 2 42mm.

This time around I will get the Series 3 42mm for sure.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Join the club. I got the 38mm first gen, secondhand, last year.
I did this because I wasn’t sure if the Watch was something I’d like or not.
Boy, have I regret not having waited a little longer to get the Series 2 42mm.

This time around I will get the Series 3 42mm for sure.

Thanks, I do think I’m going to send it back for an exchange. Still thinking on it but pretty sure.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I do think I’m going to send it back for an exchange. Still thinking on it but pretty sure.

If you have an Apple Store near you, take the Watch and proof of purchase with you to get it exchanged.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
If you have an Apple Store near you, take the Watch and proof of purchase with you to get it exchanged.

I didn’t buy it from them though. Ordered from B&H. I checked online to see if they would take an exchange when purchased elsewhere and from what I found it didn’t look like it.

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I ordered from B&H Photo and got my watch yesterday. I got silver case with fog sport band in the small size and I don’t think I like it. I’m wishing I’d gone for the larger watch and a different color

Anyone else have the 38mm in silver? What are your thoughts.

This is my first Apple Watch. Oh, and it is series 3.

I have a 38mm also.

I’ve always gotten the bigger version when it comes to watches (any brand).

I got the 38mm version of the Apple Watch last year because it was the only size available.

I actually grew to like the smaller version a lot more. I like having the smaller form factor, doesn’t stick out as much, fits better while wearing long sleeve shirts.

I bought the series 3 in a 38mm also.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Return it to B&H and buy a different one.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/cart_return.jsp

Yes I will have to do that. It would avoid shipping it back if I could exchange locally.

I buy fairly often from B&H because they’re fast, no tax ( for where I am) and no shipping cost. I felt sure this was the watch I wanted until I actually wore it on my wrist. But I’m sure B&H will be good to work with on an exchange.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you find it too small, then you should definitely get the 42mm. Bigger display and better battery life is worth it

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
First congrats on your new Apple Watch Series 3! If you're having doubts about the smaller size then definitely go with the larger display.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I didn’t buy it from them though. Ordered from B&H. I checked online to see if they would take an exchange when purchased elsewhere and from what I found it didn’t look like it.

Is the 'they' the Apple Stores? I'm awaiting my Watch (from B&H also, Silver 42mm S3C) and then decided to try exchanging it at my Apple Store for a Nike+. It looks like that option is only available for Watches purchased online from Apple.

It's a little disappointing (in that they would accept the Watch for warranty work) but I initially chose the S3C and thought about 'upgrading' well after I ordered it.

Unfortunately, B&H doesn't sell the Nike version.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Is the 'they' the Apple Stores? I'm awaiting my Watch (from B&H also, Silver 42mm S3C) and then decided to try exchanging it at my Apple Store for a Nike+. It looks like that option is only available for Watches purchased online from Apple.

It's a little disappointing (in that they would accept the Watch for warranty work) but I initially chose the S3C and thought about 'upgrading' well after I ordered it.

Unfortunately, B&H doesn't sell the Nike version.

Yes, “they” is the Apple store. I also called the one closest to me to be sure and they said no.

B&H sent me an RMA today but I’ve decided to keep it. I’ve talked it out all weekend with family etc. and I came to the conclusion it’s really the light gray (fog) band I’m not liking. I also put it on my right wrist (even though I’m right handed) instead of my left and I like it there much better. For some reason it’s more comfortable and easier for me to use the buttons. (I switched the crown position to the left side of the case too. )

Ordered 2 bands from Amazon and I think I’m good.

Thanks for letting me think this out on the forum. It helps. Hoping I don’t regret it - I might. Sigh.....

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a 38mm also.

I’ve always gotten the bigger version when it comes to watches (any brand).

I got the 38mm version of the Apple Watch last year because it was the only size available.

I actually grew to like the smaller version a lot more. I like having the smaller form factor, doesn’t stick out as much, fits better while wearing long sleeve shirts.

I bought the series 3 in a 38mm also.

Thanks, hoping I’ll be glad I kept it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
There are three basic factors in selecting Watch size:

1) legibility— the 42mm's bigger display allows for slightly larger text and in many cases more text to be display. Your visual acuity may play a big part here.

2) larger battery— longer run time

3) Aesthetics— how you like the way it looks on your wrist

One or more of these may determine what you want and/or what works best. I'm not a fan of the Fog band myself, and a band you really like could make all the difference.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have very small wrists so the 38 mm is perfect for me. I have a wardrobe of bands. Just went from Series 2 to Series3 cellular. So far so good.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It’s all in how u like the look. If in doubt always good if can to go to a store and try it on. It’s your hard earned money
Get what u want and love it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods