How to activate cellular?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I didn’t activate it when I set it up last night. Now I want to and I can’t figure out how to do it. I have Verizon and I used the my Verizon app to add my watch to my plan. I got to the point where I entered the ID number and then it said I couldn’t do it that way and to use the Apple Watch app on my phone. Can’t find anywhere on that to activate either! Suggestions?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I didn’t activate it when I set it up last night. Now I want to and I can’t figure out how to do it. I have Verizon and I used the my Verizon app to add my watch to my plan. I got to the point where I entered the ID number and then it said I couldn’t do it that way and to use the Apple Watch app on my phone. Can’t find anywhere on that to activate either! Suggestions?

NEVER MIND. It’s all good. Guess I was just having a blond moment! The good news is I get the first three months free!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine today and called AT&T to find out what I needed to do, needless to say they didn't have a clue but this iMore article https://www.imore.com/how-cellular-data-works-apple-watch answered my questions.

AT&T rep told me they are charging $25 activation offering 3 months of credits for a total of $55, that i had to get a new number for the watch (despite telling him its the same # as the phone), he told me I had to get sim card that costs $5. I explained I figured it all out and if I needed help I would visit my local AT&T store. Clueless.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The watch will have its own number. Has to in order to show activation on your line for the monthly charge on the data. It will show on AT&T end sharing your phones number.
The other day I got a call and it works both watch and phone rings same time.
I ran to grocery store yesterday and left my phone at home. Was flawless!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods