FYI: No LTE signal dots unless...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
You are away from your phone and running solo OR your phone is connected to WiFi. Although this might be obvious (it wasn’t to me!), don’t freak out like I did and assume it’s not working.

I left my phone in the car and went into a store and it showed the LTE signal.

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
You are away from your phone and running solo OR your phone is connected to WiFi. Although this might be obvious (it wasn’t to me!), don’t freak out like I did and assume it’s not working.

I left my phone in the car and went into a store and it showed the LTE signal.

Hahaha. I was freaking out. Thanks for the info.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
The way i understand it is it’ll always piggy back off your phone first, then it’ll try for WiFi, and it’ll use standalone LTE as a last resort.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Serenity, in her Series 3 LTE review, talks about a WiFi bug that prevents you from using cellular. Maybe that would also keep the LTE gauge (dots) from appearing. Or maybe no LTE even though the dots show. Don't know.

Anyway, if you have trouble with the LTE after being on or near an unknown network, you can do a quick fix by turning Airplane Mode on and off.

iMore here: https://www.imore.com/apple-watch-3?utm_source=im&utm_medium=superfeature&utm_campaign=navigation
Someone over on reddit claims that Apple did confirm that you won’t see the signal dots unless it’s using LTE.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully the watch os 4.01 won't be too long in coming to quash the wifi bug.

I want an update soon for my Stand issue. I don't know if it's with wOS4 or iOS11. But the WiFi bug is apparently easily dealt with in the interim just by cycling the AirPlane mode.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods