Battery Life on Watch Series 1 - OS4 w/ Siri Face

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a drastic drop in battery life when using the Siri face w/ hear beat? My watch typically lasts all day with about 20-30% battery life still left when I put on my charger at night. Two days ago I updated to OS4 and decided to use check out the Siri face. Yesterday, I pulled my watch off the charger around 7:00 am, at around noon my watch was dead. This morning I pulled my watch off of my charger again around 7:00 am and by 9:00 my battery life was already down to 65%. I have since changed my face back to my photos face and the battery depletion has seemed to have slowed down, but still doesn't seem to be as stable as it was before updating. I am wondering if this isn't due to the update or the Siri face with the heart beat monitor constantly checking your heart rate.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
This is why I don't update to new firmware until the ".1" is released. You cannot downgrade watchOS either which sucks.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
At first, I thought that the Siri watch face was draining my watch, because I woke up in the morning with the watch at 78% - it was 98% when I went to sleep. That never happened before.

However, this morning, after going to bed with the watch fully charged, it was at 98% when I woke up. I think maybe it was just first day battery drain.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been using WatchOS 4 for a month or more now (was using the Developer beta), much of that time with the Siri watch face and have had no issues with battery life on my Series 1. I'll admit that the constant heartbeat monitor only seemed to be added with the GM last week, but I've not seen any decrease in battery life using the GM.

As pointed out, it might have just been a first day "settling in" issue. If that doesn't help, I'd try power cycling the watch or, if that doesn't work, try unpairing and repairing the watch to your phone.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a drastic drop in battery life when using the Siri face w/ hear beat? My watch typically lasts all day with about 20-30% battery life still left when I put on my charger at night. Two days ago I updated to OS4 and decided to use check out the Siri face. Yesterday, I pulled my watch off the charger around 7:00 am, at around noon my watch was dead. This morning I pulled my watch off of my charger again around 7:00 am and by 9:00 my battery life was already down to 65%. I have since changed my face back to my photos face and the battery depletion has seemed to have slowed down, but still doesn't seem to be as stable as it was before updating. I am wondering if this isn't due to the update or the Siri face with the heart beat monitor constantly checking your heart rate.

Give the new OS a few days to settle in.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I notice my AW had good enough battery life until I started using the Workout and Activity Apps. Occasionally updates to iOS and watchOS seemed they might be hitting the battery harder but a restart of the phone and Watch seemed to fix that, if it ever was broken.

Something I wonder about is Location Services. If a give app uses LS and resides on the Watch independent of the phone, can it drain the battery? Some apps on the phone use LS even when not open. I've also found some apps with LS on after an update that were turned off before. Though tedious, I routinely turn of all apps and enable main apps one by one and then as needed.as needed I'm not sure how this affects the Watch's battery life.

After any xOS update and after a few app updates, I would do a hard restart the Watch to possibly minimize any potential gremlins. However, on recent trip to an Apple Store, a Genius advised me it negatively impacts the firmware. So now I turn the phone off/on instead and only occasionally reboot.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Well may be is the problem with iOS too. Every new update, battery drains very fast. I’m with iOS 11 and my battery life sucks. Waiting for 11.1 with a fix.
Btw, I entered in this topic because title called my attention, I’m waiting for my first Apple Watch ( series 1, used from eBay). Hope they fix this soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711