Anyone else wish there was 'unlimited' watch faces?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I love the Apple Watch, no doubt about it. But one thing I wish it had was more choice, when it comes to the watch faces.

That's one thing I really enjoyed on the Pebble (remember the Pebble!?) lol. You could login to their store (or whatever it was called) and browse through thousands of watch faces, most of them user created.

I realize Apple would never open this up for third party dev (at least I doubt they would), but wouldn't it be so nice to see a store chock full of cool, unique watch faces?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I love the Apple Watch, no doubt about it. But one thing I wish it had was more choice, when it comes to the watch faces.

That's one thing I really enjoyed on the Pebble (remember the Pebble!?) lol. You could login to their store (or whatever it was called) and browse through thousands of watch faces, most of them user created.

I realize Apple would never open this up for third party dev (at least I doubt they would), but wouldn't it be so nice to see a store chock full of cool, unique watch faces?

I totally agree. I actually still have my Pebble and it works just fine. It would be nice for Apple to have a watch face store.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I would not be surprised at all if Apple has a FaceKit and a curated watch face store within a few versions of watchOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I don’t know about an unlimited amount of watch faces, but I do wish the Watch had a good deal more to choose from.

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I applaud Apple for not making Watch face making available to everyone. But they gave the Hermès line great faces, and we get... mostly utilitarian stuff. Or cutesy. I want Elegant.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Definitely, I find many of the stock faces boring. Of course, I use a custom image but I feel like it would look so much better.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Unlimited, maybe no. Less limited, definitely. Apple really needs to offer some fresh faces.

By the way, I've suggested this a few times via Apple Feedback and every time Apple updates wOS.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
lol maybe an Apple Watch app store will go online and we can download apps and watch faces more easily.

Go into the Watch app on the iPhone. At the bottom, the last two tabs let you shop and search the app store for Watch apps. So, that's already there for apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods