Watch Woes with watchOS 4?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Ticked off that some change doesn't work for you? Did you find a bug, especially one that's easily replicated?

Commiserate, kvetch, etc.

But let Tim know! Or least one of his deputies. Apple claims they read every one and I believe them. The don't say they respond in kind or will fix our perceived flaws in their software.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html#mn_p

This is a direct link to send your feedback. It's no Bat-phone to the Commissioner, but it may help lower your blood pressure. Just a little.

Face palms and head shakes get you nowhere. So go ahead, click the link. You know you want to.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With the exception of a slow update process, who’s having “Watch woes” while running watchOS 4?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Only issue so far is that Now Playing won't stop showing when I play something on my phone. I do NOT want this.

Battery life seems improved.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Only issue so far is that Now Playing won't stop showing when I play something on my phone. I do NOT want this.

On either the watch or the watch app on the phone, settings / general / wake screen. Turn off "Auto-Launch Audio Apps".

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Three days in I have no problems/glitches/etc. I'm not wild about the change to the dock but I suppose I'll get used to it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
For a while, I wasn’t getting stand alerts at 50 minutes past the hour when I haven’t stood. Now, I’m regularly getting those alerts, but the watch is quite often not recognizing when I am standing. I walked about a quarter mile starting at 6:45 (not a workout - I walked at least that far from the car to the store, in the store, back to the car, etc.) and it did not recognize that I was standing in the 6:00 hour. And it was weird to get the alert at 6:50 as I was walking through the store. There are several examples of this the last couple of days. WatchOS 3 was solid for this for me.

(Of course, I’ve often said that I think the stand ring is a ridiculous measure and I actually wish I could have the other two rings and not the stand ring...)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
but the watch is quite often not recognizing when I am standing.

I'm having the same problem. I set the Repeat timer so I get Stand Reminders that way (regardless if met the Stand requirement earlier). But on several occasions I didn't get a Stand out of it but did get the 'gray' bar. I've restarted both Watch and phone, and did the unpair/repair thing. No joy.

I've since switched to my AW that's still at wOS3 and all is well, under the circumstances.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I did get a stand reminder today when I had been standing for the past hour (and had moved for well more than a minute), but otherwise stand has been rock-solid today. I have my stand ring completed for the day already. Weird, as the last few days I hadn't completed the stand ring at all.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you do anything to solve the problem with not getting alerts? I'm seeing the same things as you.

At some point Sunday, I restarted the watch and the iPhone, but mostly because no alerts were going to the watch at all, despite being unlocked and powered on and the iPhone display sleeping. Since then, all alerts have been fine. (But I don’t know if that solved anything. Yet.)

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I am finding that turning so not disturb off in the morning on the watch or the iPhone does not mirror properly, but only the first time. If I do it a second time, it will mirror and mirroring is set properly in the settings. Anyone else having that issue?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am finding that turning so not disturb off in the morning on the watch or the iPhone does not mirror properly, but only the first time. If I do it a second time, it will mirror and mirroring is set properly in the settings. Anyone else having that issue?

I use it often and it syncs instantly between watch and phoned regardless of on which one it is initiated.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I use it often and it syncs instantly between watch and phoned regardless of on which one it is initiated.

I also have not noticed that issue, no. (Though almost always my DND follows a schedule. It's rare that I initiate it.)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
iOS 11.0.1 is out. I'm hoping there might be a wOS 4.0.1 soon, unless some of these issues are with iOS and wOS is just inheriting them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW