Anyone know whyWatch OS 4 isn’t available to download?
    09-19-2017 12:12 PM
    Because Apple hasn’t released the update yet?

It will happen sometime today, but they didn’t say what time.
    09-19-2017 12:15 PM
    Anyone know whyWatch OS 4 isn’t available to download?
    It just popped up for me.
    09-19-2017 12:17 PM
    I just checked again and it is available.
    09-19-2017 12:18 PM
    09-19-2017 12:27 PM
    It took an hour and fifteen minutes from start of download to finish of install on my Series 2.
    09-19-2017 02:01 PM
    Just received it
    09-19-2017 06:06 PM
    Decided to do even tho getting S3.
    09-19-2017 06:06 PM
    Updating my Watches and it's taking forever!

I'm wondering if I can update another Watch while using one for my outdoor walk and let it sync back to the phone when it's through updating another Watch.

I'd turn it on and let it boot up away from my network so that it doesn't interfere with the Watch being updated, as per the Apple warning about switching.
    09-19-2017 07:09 PM
    I think my series 0 took 4 hours start to finish. Didn’t see the update until about 11am PST. Can’t wait to get a series 3
    ame likes this.
    09-19-2017 07:16 PM
    I am disappointed. I had 10 Stands before updating and after I have only 4 with no chance of make 12 before 00hrs. So for the first time in 120 consecutive days I won't close all my rings and a streak is over.

I'm also not crazy about Apple's changing of the 'Dock's operation. In wOS3 I'd start a workout app and because the Watch would stay on it, I'd have to click the side button to get to my digital Activity watch face to see the Exercise rings.

In wOS4 clicking the side button takes me to the Dock and not a watch face, and if I tap the display I get the Now Playing controls. That might be ok if I was playing music but I'm not. So I have to scroll to get to the Activity app then tap it to see where I'm at.

There is a small upside in the the Watch will tell me when my Exercise ring has closed. So I guess I should be happy about that. But I'm not really. All I want it to be able to raise my Watch and see the Exercise ring whenever at any point in a Workout Walk.

I'll get used to it, eventually. Probably. I'll just like it less than I dislike it now.
    09-19-2017 09:17 PM
    I downloaded it this morning , it took about 1.5 hours from start to finish.
    09-19-2017 10:49 PM
    Install took about 1.5 hours on my series 2. Two things I've noticed so far:

1 - battery seems to be draining a little faster. This could be due to the new heart rate app changes.
    2 - I've missed two stand indications so far this morning. Yet I have all of the settings on to be notified but for some reason I didnt feel my watch tap me at 10 minutes till like I usually do. I have felt other notifications without an issue.
    09-20-2017 12:01 PM
    2 - I've missed two stand indications so far this morning. Yet I have all of the settings on to be notified but for some reason I didnt feel my watch tap me at 10 minutes till like I usually do. I have felt other notifications without an issue.

I just posted about my same experience in another thread. Three Watches updated to w4 don't give me Stand Reminders while the w3 Watch still does. Checking now, I'm not getting Timer or Alarm Notifications from my phone either, but timers set on my Watch work.

All my settings are as they should be. I rebooted both the phone and two Watches to no avail. I may try the un-pair/re-pair dance.

I just got a Longest Move Achievement notification. Not sure what that portends. I'm headed to Apple Feed Back.
    09-20-2017 04:10 PM
    I just posted about my same experience in another thread. Three Watches updated to w4 don't give me Stand Reminders while the w3 Watch still does. Checking now, I'm not getting Timer or Alarm Notifications from my phone either, but timers set on my Watch work.

All my settings are as they should be. I rebooted both the phone and two Watches to no avail. I may try the un-pair/re-pair dance.

I just got a Longest Move Achievement notification. Not sure what that portends. I'm headed to Apple Feed Back.
    Thanks for that info. Now I dont feel stupid
    09-20-2017 04:32 PM
    I am disappointed. I had 10 Stands before updating and after I have only 4 with no chance of make 12 before 00hrs. So for the first time in 120 consecutive days I won't close all my rings and a streak is over.

I'm also not crazy about Apple's changing of the 'Dock's operation. In wOS3 I'd start a workout app and because the Watch would stay on it, I'd have to click the side button to get to my digital Activity watch face to see the Exercise rings.

In wOS4 clicking the side button takes me to the Dock and not a watch face, and if I tap the display I get the Now Playing controls. That might be ok if I was playing music but I'm not. So I have to scroll to get to the Activity app then tap it to see where I'm at.

There is a small upside in the the Watch will tell me when my Exercise ring has closed. So I guess I should be happy about that. But I'm not really. All I want it to be able to raise my Watch and see the Exercise ring whenever at any point in a Workout Walk.

I'll get used to it, eventually. Probably. I'll just like it less than I dislike it now.
    I don’t know what to tell. I mean, I get stand reminders all day everyday and have been since I’ve owned my original series watch, despite the watchOS version.
    09-20-2017 05:04 PM
    I get stand reminders all day everyday and have been since I’ve owned my original series watch, despite the watchOS version.
    As did I.

Up until wOS4. While I'm happy for you, you can see my predicament and how neither experience impacts the other's experience.
    09-20-2017 05:12 PM
    I’m assuming that the Series 3 will be preinstalled with Watch OS 4, right?
    09-21-2017 04:50 AM
    I bet money on it.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-21-2017 07:22 AM
    That’s a certainty.
    TripleOne and ame like this.
    09-21-2017 07:39 AM
    I am restoring my watch now for the 2nd time and hoping the 3rd time is a charm with this OS. I get a popup saying the OS install is done, but the Software Update screen says it's not. And the watch is operating all sorts of insane, so I am presuming it didn't complete.

It took 5 hours to get there, and the iOS update took a lifetime as well. I should've waited to do all this til next week. Since I am likely not doing a phone for a while, if at all this time around, and am not sure what to do about the watch. I WANT the LTE one but don't know of any "gazelle type" sell your watch options so until that's a possibility, I can't just buy the new one.
    09-21-2017 01:33 PM
    Is there a way using the heart frequency app provided by Apple to show the heart frequency in a complication directly on the Apple Watch?
    09-22-2017 05:03 AM
    Is there a way using the heart frequency app provided by Apple to show the heart frequency in a complication directly on the Apple Watch?
    If you mean the graph that is on the new heart rate app, no. If you mean the actual last measured heart rate, yes, depending on the watch face. The Apple heart rate complication either shows the actual heart rate and when it was last measured in one of the large complications (such as in the middle of the Modular face or at the bottom of the Utility face), or it shows just an icon for the heart rate app to launch it.

I'm surprised it's not on the new Siri face, by the way as one of the pieces of information.
    M_A likes this.
    09-22-2017 05:37 AM
    If you mean the graph that is on the new heart rate app, no. If you mean the actual last measured heart rate, yes, depending on the watch face. The Apple heart rate complication either shows the actual heart rate and when it was last measured in one of the large complications (such as in the middle of the Modular face or at the bottom of the Utility face), or it shows just an icon for the heart rate app to launch it.

I'm surprised it's not on the new Siri face, by the way as one of the pieces of information.
    ... yes, this complication would be very useful on the Siri watch face!
    09-22-2017 06:04 AM