Watch comparisons

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If I ask for Apple Watch Series 1 for Christmas. How long do you think Apple will Support it since they are keeping it in the lineup for now versus series 2

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
They'll probably support it until the software no longer works with the hardware. How long that will be is difficult to guess.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I’m not sure.. but I’d say somewhere around 2-3 years.

I know the watch is much different than the phone, but look how long they supported the iPhone 5. Five years before they decided not to update it to the latest iOS.

Every time I think about that it makes me so glad I switched to iPhone.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I know the watch is much different than the phone, but look how long they supported the iPhone 5. Five years before they decided not to update it to the latest iOS.

Every time I think about that it makes me so glad I switched to iPhone.

And, even then, it's not like the phone stopped working. In theory, an iPhone 5 would still operate just fine today. I assume watches will be the same. I expect my Apple Watch original to function just fine long after Apple stops providing software updates.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
And, even then, it's not like the phone stopped working. In theory, an iPhone 5 would still operate just fine today. I assume watches will be the same. I expect my Apple Watch original to function just fine long after Apple stops providing software updates.

Absolutely. Apple products are typically built very solid. :) But this was more about how long it will be supported.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods