Are you going to upgrade to the Series 3?

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the series 2 Nike which was only purchased a few months back. If EE do a pay monthly for the watch it's self and the price is right I'll go for it as I'm looking at reducing my main phone bill by going sim only.

Would of thought they had their prices up by now if preorders start tomorrow though.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know if we can deactivate the cellular on the series 3 GPS-Cellular if my carrier don’t support it for now ?

jrsharp70

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Cellular is optional. It is an add on to have the cellular function. It used to be $5 for my Samsung watch. But now it is $10 I guess.

I used my Samsung watch with cellular for about 6 months, but then I cancelled it. The only way it would be worth it to me is if my wife got it because it gives her cellular access when she is out running.

I already pay Verizon a lot. I’m not giving them $10 a month for access to my data for the minuscule amount that I’ll be using voice or data.

It’s not like I’ll be streaming to a watch at this point. You can’t remember to make a playlist that auto syncs for your runs???

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
How has your Space Black SS held up? Does it scratch easily? Have you worn it when working out/swimming?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I have the silver stainless with the black dot crown. I don't swim so can't comment. After six months it still looks new but I'm very careful with it. The steel will scratch if it hits a hard rough surface. I did get a very tiny scratch on the corner on Day 2 when it barely brushed against a brick doorway. Since then I am very aware that it is on my wrist.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I wasn't clear. I have the silver stainless with the black dot crown. I don't swim so can't comment. After six months it still looks new but I'm very careful with it. The steel will scratch if it hits a hard rough surface. I did get a very tiny scratch on the corner on Day 2 when it barely brushed against a brick doorway. Since then I am very aware that it is on my wrist.

That’s okay!
I don’t mind having scratches myself as it is a watch.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to preorder the 42mm aluminum S3 with the fog band. I still have the original Apple watch and, while it still functions, it seems to me slowing down and the battery life is degrading.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think the black dot looks good on my AWSS. Somebody should make a sheet of adhesive dots to match some of the bands. I think somebody already makes dots to cover the crown.

The red dot on a black/space gray Watch looks good to me, but I'd prefer black on all the other cases.

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I think the black dot looks good on my AWSS. Somebody should make a sheet of adhesive dots to match some of the bands. I think somebody already makes dots to cover the crown.

The red dot on a black/space gray Watch looks good to me, but I'd prefer black on all the other cases.

I’ll be covering the red dot on my Space Black Series 3. Not a fan of red

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I'm currently using the S2 Nike Plus model and preordered the S3 Nike Plus model. My daughter will inherit my S2. I run a lot, so the option to run without my phone is very attractive to me.

meeks973

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Glad I looked in this thread. I don’t own a AW yet but debating between the 2 or 3 Nike+. Don’t really care for the Cellular feature much. May just have to go with the Nike+ 3 if I can’t find a 2 at a decent used price.

swimbikemom2

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site

The stainless steel scratches very easy. It seems to be a property of every stainless steel Watch but the scratches on the Apple Watch case drive me crazy. Wish Apple would treat the metal to resist scratches. Stainless is great for the sapphire screen but sucks for the scuffs it gets . Very frustrating. I've polished it and definitely not all scratches come out .

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Glad I looked in this thread. I don’t own a AW yet but debating between the 2 or 3 Nike+. Don’t really care for the Cellular feature much. May just have to go with the Nike+ 3 if I can’t find a 2 at a decent used price.

Go for Series 3, the spec bump is worth it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For any original Apple Watch, or Series 2 owners out there... are you going to upgrade to the Series 3? If so, why? If not, how come?

I’m not upgrading my original Watch anytime soon, but if it conks out on me, I would definitely replace it with a series 3.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2