Apple Watch Series 3 Pre-Order/Waiting Room

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I'm going to pre-order myself (I have a Series 2), but for all of those that are going to pre-order a Series 3, consider this your waiting room!!!

What are you most excited about? Which model did you order??

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Initially, cellular on the Watch was a non-starter for me. (Apple didn't say 'LTE' though.) I doubt I'll ever find myself on a paddle board and need to make or take a phone call. Sure, it could happen.

But having a fully-functional GPS on the Watch has it's appeal, especially since I can pair it to my motorcycle helmet headset. So I got Keynote Fever® and am considering getting a 42mm Silver Al Cellular S3.

I'm still not sold on the monthly charge, supposedly $10/mo at att. There also the issue of the electronic SIM. If I leave att (phone is already unlocked) how easy is it to take the Watch with me? Will it have to be unlocked or is it considered unlocked from the jump.

I'm tempted to pre-order and then try getting one at a Store.

Just checked Apple's site and the S3 does have LTE.

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would love to get the Space Black SS in 42mm.
I don’t think I can afford it and I might opt out for the 42mm Space Gray Aluminum instead. We shall see

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Initially, cellular on the Watch was a non-starter for me. (Apple didn't say 'LTE' though.)

Jeff Williams said it had both LTE and UMTS. (Watch the Keynote at 35:00 or so, when he mentions that the display is the antenna for both LTE and UMTS.) No mention of CDMA, but I doubt it, which means that Verizon customers will only get service where there is LTE - that may be important, because I know there are some areas that I go to that get only CDMA/EVDO service.

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I will be preordering 2am central time on the 15th. I'm pretty excited. Still rocking my Series 0. This will hold me over until I can order my iPhone X.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the Series 2, sold it 2 weeks ago. I'll be financing the LTE S3 when I pre-order my 8 Plus. Hopefully they have financing on the SS again over at T-Mo. I got my S0 SS with them, and then they pulled all Watches.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So, this will be the first time ordering an Apple Watch. If I preorder on launch day (like right at midnight pacific), would I be able to request to pick up at an Apple store on a day of my choosing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh