Losing 65% battery while powered off overnight

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
My wife has a week old 38mm series 2. Usually she will get 2-3 days battery life from it. Yesterday at work it died on her, that was the second day wearing it on that charge. So we charged it up last evening, and when it was fully charged around 10pm I took it off the charger and powered it down (same thing I did with mine). When she got up at 5 this morning and turned it on, it was at 35% battery.

What could be causing this drop? Should we try a reset? We don't have an Apple store near us, but luckily are traveling to visit family this weekend where there is one, so we may be making a visit there.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I would recommend bringing it to an Apple Store and see what’s causing it to drain the battery overnight

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I would un-pair and then re-pair while waiting to see someone at the Apple Store. That also backs up your Watch incase you want to restore it.

Are you sure her charger is working? One of mine just died recently, or more correctly is on it's deathbed. It will activate Nightstand mode and show the charge icon and level of charge, but won't charge the Watch more than an additional 2% overnight.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it was seated on the disc properly? I've had times when it wasn't seated on my charging stand and it obviously didn't charge.

You can always unpair it and set it up as new as mentioned above. Has she downloaded any new apps on it?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Took it to Apple and they recommended replacing it. We bought it at Target so they wouldn't replace it there, but luckily that was just a short walk away, and we got a replacement. (Shame that they will only replace an item purchased there, as we don't have a store within 1.5-2 hours of us, so we will only be able to make those purchases when we are in the area for some other reason, and repair or troubleshooting would be a similar experience or we would have to mail it out).

It was definitely seating on the charger and charging correctly. It would say 100% charged when I took it off and turned it off (powered off). Then when she turned it on in the morning (8 hours later) it would be at 35%.

New one seems to be working just fine. Thanks for the responses.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Awesome that Target replaced it! I feel like apple would've had to have you send it back instead of just replacing it right there.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Awesome that Target replaced it! I feel like apple would've had to have you send it back instead of just replacing it right there.

If it is a week old, it's within Apple's 14 calendar day return window, so it could have been returned or exchanged (assuming that there are watches in stock at the store that day.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR