What are your favorite Apple Watch complications?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
It does update on its own, but I don't have any idea how often. If I really want to be sure it's right, then I'll click on it to force an update.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It does update on its own, but I don't have any idea how often. If I really want to be sure it's right, then I'll click on it to force an update.

Thanks! I might see if WatchOS 4 has that option in another thread before I pay the $1.99. I’m not being cheap, just don’t see a point in paying it if WatchOS will have it.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Good idea. I just did a web search and found that the watch OS limits the number of times complications can update to 50 times per day in order to preserve battery life. Don't have any idea if that's really true, but it sounds plausible.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Good idea. I just did a web search and found that the watch OS limits the number of times complications can update to 50 times per day in order to preserve battery life. Don't have any idea if that's really true, but it sounds plausible.

It somewhat makes sense. The 50 Times per day comes out to every 28.8 minutes so it isn’t terrible.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
bb11747a2ec10359e5f9a8316019b171.png

Modular watch face with:
Calendar
Storm weather
heart rate
HealthFace showing steps

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I took HealthFace off because I couldn't get it to work after installing iOS 11 and watchOS 4. Are you not having any problems? Did you change anything in the settings?

I had iOS 11 and watchOS 4 on my watch when I installed it. The only issue I've found is when I open HealthFace is that I get a pop-up asking me how many steps to add but I click cancel in the upper left corner. Aside from that I have no issues, thanks for bringing the app to my attention. What kind of problems are you having?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had iOS 11 and watchOS 4 on my watch when I installed it. The only issue I've found is when I open HealthFace is that I get a pop-up asking me how many steps to add but I click cancel in the upper left corner. Aside from that I have no issues, thanks for bringing the app to my attention. What kind of problems are you having?

Delete some messages. I can't reply until you do.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

I can't get it to update the steps.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I get a pop up to manually adjust the steps when I open HealthFace, but if I hit cancel in the upper left corner it’ll update. Was it like this before iOS 11 and WatchOS 4?
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171003/1aac955e97697175fd3af7b03aac36c2.png

I get that same screen but it doesn't update when I press cancel and it doesn't update when I press the arrow. It just doesn't work and I don't have the patience to trouble-shoot. I've switched to a calendar complication which is actually much more useful.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I get that same screen but it doesn't update when I press cancel and it doesn't update when I press the arrow. It just doesn't work and I don't have the patience to trouble-shoot. I've switched to a calendar complication which is actually much more useful.

Now I'm curious. Aside from uninstalling and then reinstalling I'm not sure how to even attempt to trouble shoot it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine is Shazam. It’s much faster to start listening through the watch than grabbing your iPhone, unlock, locate Shazam and so on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal