"Outdoor Walk" doesn't affect activity rings at all.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I go for a walk, I choose the "Outdoor Walk" with an open goal. After the walk, (40+ minutes) the activity minutes ring does not move at all.

The ring will only move when I finally sync with RunKeeper, and then it is accurate to what I actually walked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
This seems to be a thing lately with the step counter and/or activity rings. If none of the previous recommendations work, reset the watch. I had to reset mine, restoring from backup only restored whatever corrupted file was causing the issue in the first place.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Pretty sure those are stored on your phone, so as long as you're doing regular backups of your phone you should never lose those.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Pretty sure those are stored on your phone, so as long as you're doing regular backups of your phone you should never lose those.

That would be my guess. But if any of those files are the problem, wouldn't restoring from backups import The Troubles all over again?

I don't know if restoring as a new phone would allow the Activity data from 'old' phone to be imported.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
That would be my guess. But if any of those files are the problem, wouldn't restoring from backups import The Troubles all over again?

The issue is on the watch, not the phone. Resetting the watch without restoring from the watches backup will fix any corrupted files within the watches OS. Since the phone stores the achievements, you should not lose any. I didn't lose mine.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2