Apple Watch 3 launch date?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Are we going to see the Apple Watch 3 launch this fall? Or do you think Apple needs to wait until the spring of 2018? Have heard rumors that Apple is facing some serious production problems with the iPhone, so I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see a new AW until the new year...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I prefer that Apple wait until the spring of 2018 to launch the 3rd generation Watch.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Seems like fall is a smarter launch time, with the number of potential holiday sales. (Then again, they had supply chain issues all last shopping season, so maybe spring for the graduate/mother's day/father's day sales and hope it's worked out for the holidays...)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
At this point, I can't imagine (but that's why we have Apple) what new feature would make me want to off my current watches (except the AWSS!) for some new hotness.

Sure there will be improvements, it it will take more than incremental stuff to make me open the wallet. Ok, maybe real GPS and an iPad-like data plan.

And before anybody gets their knickers in a twist to tell me that the S2 already has real GPS— it's not fully functional.

Making phone calls is a meh for me, but a data-only plan like that for iPads would get my attention.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm betting on no new AW this year. I just don't see it as a product that gets annual updates. It's not like there's serious competition like there is with the phones.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Today's rumor is that the annual Apple new product intro keynote will be September 12. If there are new watches for fall, that's when we'll find out.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Not necessarily. In the past, Apple has held September and October events.

Typically, the September Event was for the phones and the October Event for Macs and/or iPads. Before that phone announcements were in June.

Apple can be capricious. I'm betting on a September Event for new phones. And since the Watch needs a phone (maybe less so with Series 3) and not an iPad, that would be a good event to announce a new Watch.

But sometimes Apple doesn't want the phone upstaged, so maybe later. With recent updates to the MacBook and iMac line, I'm not sure what Apple would have to rate an October event. Incremental changes such as speed bumps or new graphics etc., usually just get listed without any Event announcements.

I'm interested in a new Watch and phone, but I'd really like to see an Event in the Steve Jobs theater. I don't think it will happen for September (hope I'm wrong) maybe October?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73