Series Zero Not on the Map!

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Bought in December 2015. I believe it's first edition. No way to move up, I suspect, because  doesn't even sell it anymore.

I'm suspecting it's a gift for the Grandkids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, for your protection, please do not post any photos containing serial numbers and other important information.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
No way to move up

I'm not sure what that means. But if you're referring to updating watchOS, you just have to wait until the next wOS is announced. Apple will then announce the hardware requirements.

The fact that Apple no longer offers it for sale doesn't mean they don't support it. Of course, just like computers and iOS devices, at some point the hardware won't be able to handle a wOS update.

But I'm thinking there's at least one more in store for AWs. Even when that stops, I'll still be able to use my AWs, just perhaps without some features or performance as on the S1 and S2.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure what that means. But if you're referring to updating watchOS, you just have to wait until the next wOS is announced.

No, I think I have the latest software; I meant a possible upgrade path for the watch itself, like selling it to buy a newer series. I think I have a dead parrot on my wrist, alas.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
For you alls information, watchOS 4 is available as beta for the original Watch. This, obviously, means that watchOS 4 will also be available when it’s released officially.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I think I have the latest software; I meant a possible upgrade path for the watch itself, like selling it to buy a newer series. I think I have a dead parrot on my wrist, alas.

If your original Watch is operating properly, is in excellent condition and is priced attractively, I doubt you’ll have any problems selling it.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
If your original Watch is operating properly, is in excellent condition and is priced attractively, I doubt you’ll have any problems selling it.

I'll try that, and thanks!

I have my original first-edition Pebble on right now. Brought it to life during a housecleaning. I couldn't see giving it to Goodwill, though I thought Pebble was dead and the watch was buried under whatever Fitbit has in mind.

I was shocked to find, after recharging the beast for the first time in years, that there is not only an iOS app for it, but a new firmware update came humming through the air!

It works perfectly! It's rudimentary, of course. It handles Spotify better than  does, and I think it's because Pebble assigns itself just a few chores, like notifications and music without color, whereas  tries to go everywhere. It

Imagine a historic Pebble paired with an iPhone 7.

But I'll stop. Maybe I should look for a Pebble forum ...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll try that, and thanks!

I have my original first-edition Pebble on right now. Brought it to life during a housecleaning. I couldn't see giving it to Goodwill, though I thought Pebble was dead and the watch was buried under whatever Fitbit has in mind.

I was shocked to find, after recharging the beast for the first time in years, that there is not only an iOS app for it, but a new firmware update came humming through the air!

It works perfectly! It's rudimentary, of course. It handles Spotify better than  does, and I think it's because Pebble assigns itself just a few chores, like notifications and music without color, whereas  tries to go everywhere. It

Imagine a historic Pebble paired with an iPhone 7.

But I'll stop. Maybe I should look for a Pebble forum ...

Mobile Nations has you covered. Check out the Connectedly Forum via the following link.

http://forums.connectedly.com

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Just one quick final question. I'm listing it on eBay. I want to make sure of what I have. Model number MJ2X2LL/A, bought 12/2015, is a Series 0 Original Edition, correct?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Model number MJ2X2LL/A, bought 12/2015, is a Series 0 Original Edition, correct?

For clarity on an eBay listing, as there is no Series O or 0, you should probably list it as Apple named it:

Apple Watch (1st Generation) https://support.apple.com/kb/SP735?locale=en_US

The Model No. you listed would reflect the case type, color, size, and band (more of an SKU) which would need that information listed as well. And Apple makes that SKU somewhat difficult to track down to verify. So you might list those details as well and use the more generic Model Nos. of A1553 (38mm) or A1554 (42mm) as appropriate and include a pic of the end of the box which shows the case, color, size, and band.

You can certainly add MJ2X2LL/A as well, but as I said it's a little more difficult for most people to track that down.

As you bought it in 12/2015, it would have to be an Apple Watch (1st generation). The S1 and S2 didn't go on sale until 09/2016.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
And I wouldn't use the word Edition at all, as there was an Edition series and it was not your Watch. Just one less thing for an unscrupulous eBay buyer to use against you. Not that that would ever happen.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
And I wouldn't use the word Edition at all, as there was an Edition series and it was not your Watch. Just one less thing for an unscrupulous eBay buyer to use against you. Not that that would ever happen.

Made the revisions, and much thanks for your help. I had thought I might be swimming with sharks in EBay. So far all the action is behind the scenes. On-line exchanges remindvme of the warning the old boys had for new drivers: "Oughta stay outta that car till you learn how to drive it!"

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
On-line exchanges remindvme of the warning the old boys had for new drivers: "Oughta stay outta that car till you learn how to drive it!"

I buy from eBay (just got a new old Mac) but I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to selling, so I don't even try.

Good luck!

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Sold it for over $200, and I paid $245 in December 2015 for it, so I'm happy. Im back to rocking my original first-edition Pebble!

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Update: it was a scam. Perp decoyed the PayPal payment had arrived there. It hadn't. Stopped just after delivery and is on its way back.

That EBay is a rat's nest. Amazon does it right, by screening , rating, and retaining sellers and buyers have to have registered accounts with payment methods. I like that better than the Wild West.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro