How many smart watches do you have?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have the Samsung GearS2 and the Apple Watch series 1
I made the switch to Apple because Samsung works with Apple and I was frustrated with the phone, but not the watch. BUT after getting the iphone I decided to get the Apple Watch and I haven't worn my Samsung since. I have an early termination fee to pay should I shut off the watch because it was a standalone on my account and can be used separate from the phone. The Apple cannot but that is not a problem as well as the Samsung can't on the iphone too. I like how the Apple Watch looks on my wrist. I have small wrists and it just fits well and I also love how it works.
My Samsung sits in a drawer but it is still a good watch. When the contract is up, I will sell it or give it to my bestie.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Four:

AW SS
AW Sport, Gold
AW Sport, Black
AWS2 Aluminum, Gold

Jude526 said:
or give it to my bestie.

LOL I'm too lazy to sell unless I stumble upon someone who wants to buy, so I usually give it to a bestie.

G1DRP

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I have an original Apple Watch and a Samsung Gear S3. I still prefer my Apple Watch, so my Gear S3 never gets any use.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I only have my first generation Watch, and the way it’s going, I won’t need anything else for quite some time...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've got an OG Pebble in a kitchen drawer, I think. Only my personal opinion, calling it a smartwatch is a bit of a stretch. LOL For the OP I'll say that I have five. But I'll think four.one.

LOL...You can't blame a person for trying...LOL

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
cwbcpa said:
Do both Sync with your iPhone when you switch between them? I assume they must but I'm just curious.

No reason short of defect for them not to. They're both Apple Watches with the Nike having a bit of additional software.

I'm getting a Nike at some point but it would be a deal breaker if it didn't sync.

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
No reason short of defector them not to. They're both Apple Watches with the Nike having a bit of additional software.

I'm getting a Nike at some point but it would be a deal breaker if it didn't sync.

I have the Nike AW2. I know they sync individually. I was wondering about switching between the two. Didn't know how that would work with closing rings and things like that if he wears one during the day and then switches to the other at night.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the OG ⌚️ and a Samsung Gear S2 Classic. I prefer the Apple Watch, but I wear the Gear S2 when using my backup phone (a Galaxy S7 edge).

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Didn't know how that would work with closing rings and things like that if he wears one during the day and then switches to the other at night.

I've seen that there's sometimes a short delay when waiting for the phone to update with the Watch's data. Sometimes it looks to be just a matter of the phone refreshing with data it's already received.

Since all your Achievements are generated from the phone I'd think that once it has your Watch's data you could switch without any worry. The phone should then push the various Stand alerts and Activity updates to the other Watch. I'll give this a try today.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I switched from my SGAW to my GAS2.

I had three Stands and some Move on the AW and 0 on the S2. I ensured the phone was up to date with the AW Activity data and swapped it for the S2.

It took about 4+ minutes for the S2 to show my Activity data, but it did. However, I didn't get my Final Warning Stand alert or the subsequent 'You did it!' for my 1000hrs Stand, but I did get the credit.

So syncing between different Watches and phone is no problem. Just check the Activity app in the phone to make sure you're current before switching. I've had occasions when the phone took a looooong time to update. I don't know if it had the data but didn't refresh (I'd like to think that's most likely) or it took a long time to sync the data (hope not!).

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the OG ⌚️ and a Samsung Gear S2 Classic. I prefer the Apple Watch, but I wear the Gear S2 when using my backup phone (a Galaxy S7 edge).

It's nice to be able to walk on either side of the street.

Having been weaned from a Nokia candy bar to the first iPhone, I've never tried Android or used more than one iPhone. Do you have two date/calling plans? Can you switch the SIM back and forth? Apparently ATT locks the SIM to one phone. I've always wondered about buying a SIMless phone and moving mine to it.

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I switched from my SGAW to my GAS2.

I had three Stands and some Move on the AW and 0 on the S2. I ensured the phone was up to date with the AW Activity data and swapped it for the S2.

It took about 4+ minutes for the S2 to show my Activity data, but it did. However, I didn't get my Final Warning Stand alert or the subsequent 'You did it!' for my 1000hrs Stand, but I did get the credit.

So syncing between different Watches and phone is no problem. Just check the Activity app in the phone to make sure you're current before switching. I've had occasions when the phone took a looooong time to update. I don't know if it had the data but didn't refresh (I'd like to think that's most likely) or it took a long time to sync the data (hope not!).

Is there a way to make it sync? Our does it only do it automatically?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to make it sync? Our does it only do it automatically?

It does do it automatically, but I don't know if you can manually force a sync.

There have been a few occasions when I felt it was taking too long, so I quit the Activity app on the phone and reopened it and the data was usually updated. Sometimes I'd rinse and repeat the process before there was an update.

Again I don't know if that 'fetched' the Watch's data or just refreshed the phone's app with data in already had. Maybe I'll try to check that out when switching to the next Watch. Maybe today maybe tomorrow.

As the S2 has a faster processor than the AW, I don't think switching back to the AW will be any faster. While unpairing a Watch will back up data I don't know that Auto-Switching will.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711