watchOS 4?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Did you have to update to iOS 11? I'll try one of my Watches to wOS4 but won't take my phone to 11.

I watched the WWDC and don't expect much from this update. But there will probably be a feature or two that wasn't covered, and if it improves something/anything, it's a win for me. That's really all that matters. :D

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Based strictly off WWDC, I'm a little disappointed with Watch OS4. I was hoping for more features (e.g., stats) with the activity app. Who knows though, I've previously discovered added features in the activity app that weren't announced.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
tcuprof said:
Who knows though, I've previously discovered added features in the activity app that weren't announced.

I feel the same way. Apple talked about 'more features' in the other OSs, but I don't remember if they said that about wOS4.

I'm still disappointed that Apple isn't giving us real, new watch faces. Buzz Lightyear has a special place in my heart, but still— how about some elegant Watch faces, Apple? I've given this feedback to Apple; time to do it again.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
watchOS 3 was a huge, almost paradigm-shifting update. Two huge updates in a row is asking a lot.

I'm interested in what the HIIT workout will be; if it can be customized, etc. But not interested enough to install iOS 11 beta and the watch beta.

The rest of the update isn't all that exciting to me, but I'm fairly happy with the watch as is. I'll try the Siri watch face I'm sure, but I'm not expecting it will help me a lot. I don't care all that much for fancy activity animations. But I guess "you're only a 12 minute walk away from completing the move ring" is a good idea. I'll have to see what the flashlight for a pre-dawn or nighttime run looks like, but I wear a head light for those now anyway, which I'm sure is more effective for visibility.

The one thing I'd really like to see now is to have the watch light up with every received notification. There are times when I get one that I can't tap the screen or raise my wrist the proper way in time to see the notification. If the watch receives one, I want the display to turn on (so long as theater mode is off, of course.)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Saw this morning that OS4 allows you to switch between honeycomb and an alphabetized list for apps. Which will you be using?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Saw this morning that OS4 allows you to switch between honeycomb and an alphabetized list for apps. Which will you be using?

That's great. I'll have to try it, but alphabetical, most likely. The Honeycomb I find difficult to use (though I use it rarely.) For example, the alarm clock, stopwatch, and timer icons are pretty similar to make it hard to determine quickly which is which.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm still disappointed that Apple isn't giving us real, new watch faces. Buzz Lightyear has a special place in my heart, but still— how about some elegant Watch faces, Apple? ...
Here Here! i will not be using any of the new faces that debuted via the keynote. I want the type of watch faces you find on dedicated watches.

sainikhit2k

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Ya I tried it and all new siri watch face is cool and toy story characters watch faces are freaking awesome overall loving the new watch os 4!!!!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Installed last night.... got worried when it seemed to "hang" for a bit as I thought the watch was bricked.

Using the Siri face now, but will try the Kaleidoscope later on. Need to figure how to take some stuff out of the Siri face (like stocks that I don't care about)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Installed last night.... got worried when it seemed to "hang" for a bit as I thought the watch was bricked.

Using the Siri face now, but will try the Kaleidoscope later on. Need to figure how to take some stuff out of the Siri face (like stocks that I don't care about)

You can select Sources for the Siri face in the Watch app.
d9c266b74e18d13c8ca94800283a718d.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh