watchOS 4?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Here is a great video from 9to5mac: https://youtu.be/mBjhJmKDDt0

After watching this video, I take back what I said about being disappointed with OS4. As I'd hoped, the presentation at WWDC barely scratched the surface of the new OS4 features. Maybe they should have just played this video instead. :)

Now I can't wait to try it. I won't run the betas because, you know, I'm not crazy, but still I do really want it right now!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I knew there would be much more to wOS4 than shown at the keynote. That's why I'm really, never underwhelmed that early (if ever) in the game.

There are a lot of very handy tweaks in 4 that I can't wait to use- stuff that I'll use daily. Even a few that I hadn't thought of that will make the Watch even more efficient (read: natural) to use.

I don't regret a single moment of being an early immediate adopter. The Watch did stuff I wanted right out of the gate and continues to get even better.

There's not quite enough brass in my jeans to go to 11 and 4 betas. I did that once with no problems but the incremental betas got annoying. But 4 is tempting.

MacTexan

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I've been running iOS 11 and WatchOS 4 since the first day it was available. Aside from the normal bugginess of both, I really like them. I find myself using the Siri watch face more than any other and the more I use it, the better the information it presents me. Oddly, one of the better updates with WatchOS 4 is the unlock screen. I have big fingers and the numbers seem much easier to touch accurately. The "jump up" animation when each number is touched gives good visual feedback that I've hit the right one. Now I can enter my unlock code almost first time, every time.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
watchOS 4 is available now as a Developer beta. It can also be 'found' around the 'net for non-devs. It'll be available as a public beta long before the General Release in Sept.

P.S. You'll also need the iOS11 beta on your phone to use wOS4.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
MacTexan said:
Oddly, one of the better updates with WatchOS 4 is the unlock screen. I have big fingers and the numbers seem much easier to touch accurately. The "jump up" animation when each number is touched gives good visual feedback that I've hit the right one

This is one of the many 'little' tweaks that make the Watch that much more effortless to use. Another one is the 'Now Playing' screen that opens up when you start music on your phone. I normally have to go digging for it. Even though it's in the Dock, it seems like I'm always scrolling to get it.

I'm sure there will more 'discoveries' the more wOS4b gets around.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just stopping by to check out the watchOS 4 (beta 1)...looks good. I will probably be joining you guys around iOS 11 Beta 5. Thanks for the info.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
watchOS 4 is available now as a Developer beta. It can also be 'found' around the 'net for non-devs. It'll be available as a public beta long before the General Release in Sept.

P.S. You'll also need the iOS11 beta on your phone to use wOS4.

watchOS is typically not available as a public beta since you can't revert on your own (without sending it in to Apple). iOS and macOS are generally available as public beta though.

jeffpodraza

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Saw this morning that OS4 allows you to switch between honeycomb and an alphabetized list for apps. Which will you be using?

I love the idea of the alphabetized list, maybe one suggestion would be to be able to tag favorites so I can see them at the top, then the rest in order.

Just my 2 cents though....

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I love the idea of the alphabetized list, maybe one suggestion would be to be able to tag favorites so I can see them at the top, then the rest in order.

Just my 2 cents though....

Welcome to iMore Jeff! I agree with your suggestion. Being able to put a few favorites at the top of the list would be a good option. I guess the next best substitute for that would be to put those apps in the dock.

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Ever since beta 2, I am unable to edit an item out of my dock favorites. It instantly crashes the watch app on iPhone every time. I've rebooted both phone and watch, but have not been able to remove any items without the crash. Have any of you found a workaround to this?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Ever since beta 2, I am unable to edit an item out of my dock favorites. It instantly crashes the watch app on iPhone every time. I've rebooted both phone and watch, but have not been able to remove any items without the crash. Have any of you found a workaround to this?

Press the side button to open the dock. Slide the app you want to remove to right and tap remove.
Works every time for me. And yes, in the phone app it crashes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro