Conflict - incoming calls

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes I need voice. I don't like it but medical offices insist on voice calling. Here's the problem.

I have Bluetooth hearing aids connected to my iPhone 7. I also have an Apple Watch, same connection. I have lost incoming calls and I believe it's from a conflict between the two devices. Often, the call, if it comes through, is diverted to my watch, not optimal.

I'd like to continue using both the Watch and hearing aids but I'd like all calls to come to the hearing aids. Must I grab for my phone in my pocket to make that happen?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to continue using both the Watch and hearing aids but I'd like all calls to come to the hearing aids. Must I grab for my phone in my pocket to make that happen?

Yes, if you pick up a phone call with your watch, the phone call will be rerouted from your watch to your hearing aids, as opposed to from your iPhone to your hearing aids.
Phone calls on an Apple Watch is not the worst there is, but the iPhone and the watch should be close to you. The further the distance between the watch and the iPhone, the worse the call will be. Also, don't forget that when you answer a call on your Apple Watch there will be a small gap before you hear anything. This will throw people off and they will try to call you again, if they really need to contact you.

If it's not that big of an inconvenience for you, try answering the call on your iPhone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Unless the carrier supports WiFi calling; the watch can use WiFi calling, if enabled. The iPhone can even be turned off if the watch is connected to a WiFi network that the iPhone has connected to before.

See https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apd2fe746e86

Oops, just realized my mistake. Bluetooth devices can connect to the Apple Watch only for music, not for phone calls, at least not yet. So obviously you want to answer the call on the iPhone with BT hearing aids. If you can press a button on the hearing aids to answer calls, then you can answer without using your phone. Otherwise, I think that you'e going to have to handle the phone to answer a call.

Last edited:

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
If you can press a button on the hearing aids to answer calls, then you can answer without using your phone. Otherwise, I think that you'e going to have to handle the phone to answer a call.

Just learned the answer right here, as usual. I simply scroll my watch face down a turn and hit the Answer on Phone option. The caller is somehow alerted she is on hold, I'm not sure just how. Further testing ..

Thanks again, all who helped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711