3.2.3 Beta 1 released

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I may skip this update, at least for a few days. It took forever just to update yesterday...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I really did not expect more betas before watchOS 4 and iOS 11 this close to WWDC. Guess I'll be updating while I'm at work.

I'm not surprised. iOS 11 will not be officially released until the new iPhones go on sale in the fall, and the same will probably be for watchOS 4. In the meantime, Apple will continue to apply bug fixes and security updates for iOS 10 and watchOS 3.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not surprised. iOS 11 will not be officially released until the new iPhones go on sale in the fall, and the same will probably be for watchOS 4. In the meantime, Apple will continue to apply bug fixes and security updates for iOS 10 and watchOS 3.

True but iOS 11 beta will come from WWDC in 3 weeks. Apple will be, or should be, spending more time ironing out iOS 11 than more bug fixes for iOS 10.3.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
True but iOS 11 beta will come from WWDC in 3 weeks. Apple will be, or should be, spending more time ironing out iOS 11 than more bug fixes for iOS 10.3.

I can only assume Apple has multiple teams working on iOS versions.
One team for the current official release and one for the next major release.
The current team needs feedback from devs and public to guarantee the iOS quality we're used to from Apple, so they sent out a beta.
The other team will release an update as soon as the keynote in June is done. And both teams will continue to release betas until iOS 11 is officially released.

It's not android to abandon any current version just because there is a major update coming. That's Apple unworthy.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

They did the exact same thing last year when iOS 10 was initially released as a beta after WWDC. iOS 9 still received updates all the way until iOS 10 was officially released with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Besides, Apple uses us beta testers to help fine tune iOS, etc. ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2