Mother's Day Challenge?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that. Unless Apple sends an email I would miss all of the Challenges.

This is an easy one for me. A casual stroll to McDonald's and I'm in.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It seems like a weird challenge. "Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Now excuse me while I go out for a one mile walk to earn a sticker on my watch."

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I really love these kinds of 'challenges' :)

Not only does it get people outside and exercising like Pokémon Go did but @doogald I think it's also trying to get you and your mom to go for a walk together and have some bonding time.

Not everyone if fortunate to have their mom around so having some quality time while earning badges and stickers is like a win win haha 😃

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It seems like a weird challenge. "Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Now excuse me while I go out for a one mile walk to earn a sticker on my watch."

:rotfl: I think the point is to walk with your mom, but you definitely made me laugh. My mom passed away a few years ago, but I can hear her telling me, "Ok, just be careful out there." I know it doesn't translate to text very well, but if you heard the voice in my head, you might chuckle. lol.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Article says "Firstly, the achievement will only show for Apple Watch users in the United States." I'll be in the US on Friday when the challenge is supposed to appear, but in South America Sunday. Wonder if it will let me earn the badge?

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Article says "Firstly, the achievement will only show for Apple Watch users in the United States." I'll be in the US on Friday when the challenge is supposed to appear, but in South America Sunday. Wonder if it will let me earn the badge?

That is a great question. My guess is yes since you are a "US" user of the watch.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Nice way to work off that Big Mac. Walk there and back

I may have to walk another .5 mile if I get fries with that. :laughing:

I really love these kinds of 'challenges'

Not only does it get people outside and exercising like Pokémon Go did but @doogald I think it's also trying to get you and your mom to go for a walk together and have some bonding time.

Not everyone if fortunate to have their mom around so having some quality time while earning badges and stickers is like a win win

I agree with every point of that! As we're slowly (some of us far more slowly than others) becoming a health conscious society, I see more and more 'mothers' and 'fathers' out for daily strolls. A lot of people probably wish they had spent more time with their parents. This is a nice way to do that. Of course we shouldn't make it a solely annual habit. :)

I expect we'll see one for Dad's Day as well. I really want to make desktop images for my Macs with these.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I may have to walk another .5 mile if I get fries with that. :laughing:

I agree with every point of that! As we're slowly (some of us far more slowly than others) becoming a health conscious society, I see more and more 'mothers' and 'fathers' out for daily strolls. A lot of people probably wish they had spent more time with their parents. This is a nice way to do that. Of course we shouldn't make it a solely annual habit. :)I expect we'll see one for Dad's Day as well. I really want to make desktop images for my Macs with these.

It was a couple years back but we used to always buy flowers for my mom since she really love them, but i decided to surprise her with some on a random day after class and you could see how much it meant to her. To see that someone went out of their way to think of her NOT on mothers day. :) So I'm always a big supporter of any sort of challenge that incorporates the whole family and get everyone bonding.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It was a couple years back but we used to always buy flowers for my mom since she really love them, but i decided to surprise her with some on a random day after class and you could see how much it meant to her. To see that someone went out of their way to think of her NOT on mothers day. :)
Off topic a bit, but I always send flowers to my Mom on MY birthday. I stole the idea from my brother-in-law, perhaps he stole it from somebody else - and I encourage everyone to steal it from us.

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
60a53cdeb9ebb9efcb7ce6ad596379f2.png
Got it this morning after walking 3 miles!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
7 minutes after ending my workout I got today's badge. I think New Year's Day and Thanksgiving took longer and had me a little worried. But they showed up and these last two came right away.