Best way to make suggestions to Apple? (Apple Watch gripes)

Matt Manahan

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Is there an effective way to offer requests for software modifications to Apple? I know my voice is but one of a billion, but if enough people complain about something maybe it'll make a difference.

I started using the Apple Watch a couple of days ago. I switched from Android to iOS and my Moto 360 didn't work as well with the iPhone. I'm sure this has been discussed previously, but these are my biggest complaints (in no particular order):

Nightstand Mode: I wish I had the option to have it always display the time in nightstand mode. I used my 360 as a bedside clock. I wake up frequently during the night, and having to tap the watch to see the time is inconvenient.

Why are there 3 separate icons for the alarm, timer, stopwatch, and world clock? On the iPhone these are all a part of one app. (And what average consumer needs a world clock? I'm not suggesting they remove it completely, but make it optional.)

I want to remove a bunch of stock apps from the home screen. I don't have Apple TV, so the "Remote" is useless (and I'm sure useless to many others). I don't use the watch for fitness, so I'd like to remove all of those as well.

If there are ways to do the things I mentioned, let me know. Thanks!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Is there an effective way

While the links are the way to contact Apple, I also email Tim Cook. He never sees them, but I feel a little better.

The key word is 'effective'. Your complaints/requests are subject to Apple design philosophy, which has yet to be nailed down by outside observers. Some get close, others are way out in left field with their head and mitt somewhere where the sun don't shine. They occasionally rethink their philosophy probably based on actual use of a product and maybe if rarely customer requests/complaints.

The always on display is often requested but I think that's a dot on the horizon, given current battery tech. A lot of people have complained about the 'extra thickness' of the S2 and more battery for AOD won't make it any more svelte. Apple would have to include a massive battery or get ride of OLED. What are the odds...

Removing unused icons would be very helpful to some. Apple allows that to some degree on the phone, maybe it'll happen eventually on the Watch.

Having separate icons (and possibly apps) on the Watch for alarm, timer, and stopwatch allow us to use the one (s) we want as complications on the face without having to drill down to select them. To me this makes sense on the Watch where it's more likely to be an on the fly thing.

So whether or not using the feedback link is effective may be debated, but it definitely has more potential than just posting in a forum (not that there's anything wrong with that).

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
While the links are the way to contact Apple, I also email Tim Cook. He never sees them, but I feel a little better.

Actually you NEVER know. ;) T-Mobile CEO, John Legere reads every single email plus has a team of people that help him handle them, BUT he does read them! SO you never know. Most likely Cook has such a team also. He might not read them all, BUT trust me they DO get read, and he probably sees many of them. ;)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The always on display is often requested but I think that's a dot on the horizon, given current battery tech.

While the watch is charging, to show nightstand mode always on? Why wouldn't this be a useful option, if the watch is charging overnight and you're ok with the charging taking a little longer? (I can see a reason, by the way - it could be that it would overheat the battery while charging. But, that's just a guess.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro