So its been just over 2 years since the watch went on sale. Other than friends and coworkers who have an Apple Watch, are you seeing more of them out in the general public? I have. Especially since the series 2 came out last September. Some of my non-scientific observations:

Space Grey seems to be the one of choice for men. I have yet to see a guy with a gold or rose gold watch.

Other than one friend, guys get the 42mm watch. Most women have 38mm but I have see several sporting a 42mm. Including a female coworker who had a rose gold series 0 but just got a Space Grey Nike.

Most have a sport band. I have seen a few leather and Milanese loops. Which surprises me considering the Best Buy by me never seems to have any decent bands in stock. So somebody is buying them. I think I have only seen a couple with a nylon band.

I have seen somebody using their watch as a phone twice. Both times it was while I was walking out of the Target right down the street.

Overall I don't see them as often as I see people wearing a fitbit, but they are definitely becoming more popular.
    mrkeynes likes this.
    04-29-2017 10:36 AM
    I've been seeing more over the past 6 months, both sizes and all kinds of bands.
    04-29-2017 10:42 AM
    I have been noticing quite a few people wearing them. I try to talk to most of them too. I ask why they got it and what they like the most. Answers vary, but everyone feels like they are on their phone less. Deal with a notification on the wrist instead of getting sidetracked on the phone. The Series 2 has actually been the one I've seen the most. Can't tell by looking at a glance so I ask. I always find it interesting to see why "normal" people by tech and how they use it. I see more Fitbits still, but the AW is on the increase for sure.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    04-29-2017 11:34 AM
    I've also noticed more Apple Watches out there recently. I like to ask what they think of it. So far everything has said that they love it.
    04-29-2017 12:14 PM
    I haven't seen any here. But I don't get out much.
    04-29-2017 02:28 PM
    I have been noticing quite a few people wearing them. I try to talk to most of them too. I ask why they got it and what they like the most. Answers vary, but everyone feels like they are on their phone less. Deal with a notification on the wrist instead of getting sidetracked on the phone. The Series 2 has actually been the one I've seen the most. Can't tell by looking at a glance so I ask. I always find it interesting to see why "normal" people by tech and how they use it. I see more Fitbits still, but the AW is on the increase for sure.
    I've talked with a few people also. My biggest surprise is how few don't realize they can use Apple Pay from the watch. When I run on Saturdays, I usually end my run at the Panera near my house. Go in, place my order, pay with my watch. I've had the cashier and people in line ask "did you just pay with your watch?"
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-29-2017 03:17 PM
    I too have noticed an increasing amount of them! And when I ask about them, the response is always glowing!
    04-29-2017 03:36 PM
    I've talked with a few people also. My biggest surprise is how few don't realize they can use Apple Pay from the watch. When I run on Saturdays, I usually end my run at the Panera near my house. Go in, place my order, pay with my watch. I've had the cashier and people in line ask "did you just pay with your watch?"
    I have not used the watch much with Apple Pay only because I have only had it a short time. The couple times I have it's been an eye opening experience for the cashier. They know about the phone now, but the watch must be pretty rare.
    04-29-2017 03:44 PM
    It's still winter, although this time of year is officially called 'Spring'. And because of winter everybody has either long sleeves or jackets/coats preventing me from seeing the clockwork on their wrists. So no, I can't say I have.
    hatchettjack likes this.
    04-29-2017 04:38 PM
    Based on my observations, Apple Watch is becoming very popular with affluent millennials. I'd even say Apple Watches are starting to outnumber Fitbits among this group. And speaking of Fitbits, as I've commented elsewhere, in the last six months the nearly all of my Fitbit friends have ditched their Fitbit for an Apple Watch.
    04-29-2017 07:55 PM
    Based on my observations, Apple Watch is becoming very popular with affluent millennials. I'd even say Apple Watches are starting to outnumber Fitbits among this group. And speaking of Fitbits, as I've commented elsewhere, in the last six months the nearly all of my Fitbit friends have ditched their Fitbit for an Apple Watch.
    I am looking to get an Apple Watch but will NEVER get rid of my Fitbit!
    04-29-2017 08:15 PM
    I see people wearing Apple Watches almost daily.
    04-29-2017 08:20 PM
    You say that now. You might change your mind once you have a watch.
    mrkeynes and munichblue like this.
    04-29-2017 08:21 PM
    Let's say you have an Apple Watch and a Fitbit. Why would you keep wearing the Fitbit if you have no Fitbit friends?
    mrkeynes likes this.
    04-29-2017 08:22 PM
    Let's say you have an Apple Watch and a Fitbit. Why would you keep wearing the Fitbit if you have no Fitbit friends?
    I am used to the way Fitbit works activity wise, I like it. To me the Apple Watch is more or an extension of my phone than a fitness device.
    Tartarus likes this.
    04-29-2017 08:25 PM
    Based on my observations, Apple Watch is becoming very popular with affluent millennials.
    For the most part I would agree with this. I do see a lot of middle age to older (40+) people with them. But I live in Southern California. Lol
    04-29-2017 08:26 PM
    I see people wearing Apple Watches almost daily.
    Yep. When I initially got my Watch, I rarely saw other people wearing one, and many people gawked at mine. Now it's rare to see people not wearing one.
    04-29-2017 08:45 PM
    I think I may have seen one in the wild. Otherwise the only time I see someone wearing one is when I'm at an Apple Store.
    04-30-2017 03:37 AM
    Based on my observations, Apple Watch is becoming very popular with affluent millennials.
    I mostly agree with this but I would expand it to affluent people in general. I work in private wealth management and many of my clients (who are generally older than millennials) own an Apple Watch. It's more of a status symbol than other smart watches.
    04-30-2017 07:18 AM
    I think I may have seen one in the wild. Otherwise the only time I see someone wearing one is when I'm at an Apple Store.
    Now that would be funny. To be out hiking or backpacking and run into someone else who has one.
    mrkeynes likes this.
    04-30-2017 09:21 AM
    I see quite a few, of all types (SS, Sport) and colors.
    04-30-2017 12:46 PM
    I have the Nike series 2 Apple Watch and I absolutely love it!
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-30-2017 08:51 PM
    I mostly agree with this but I would expand it to affluent people in general. I work in private wealth management and many of my clients (who are generally older than millennials) own an Apple Watch. It's more of a status symbol than other smart watches.
    You're probably right. It's just that the only affluent people I'm around are students.
    04-30-2017 11:00 PM
    Now that would be funny. To be out hiking or backpacking and run into someone else who has one.
    As long as it's not a cougar (as in mountain lion), I'll laugh!

I did see Emily wearing a SS with a Coco/Pebble/Something band. But she's on Powerless so I don't think that counts.

Natalie Morales guest starred on that episode.
    05-01-2017 07:25 AM
    I see them quite a bit in airports and such. Still not a majority of watch wearers; not even close. But I do see them quite a bit more often than a year ago. I do appreciate the notifications from the airlines/other apps (App in the Air, TripIt) telling me about the gate change as I'm running the wrong way. As a boarding pass once or twice, but usually the orientation of the scanner makes it difficult to contort your wrist to use the watch for such.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-01-2017 08:42 PM
107 123 ...