Have you noticed more people wearing an Apple Watch?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Saw my first ever AirPods in the BA lounge at LHR yesterday. To my surprise, guy had a Samsung phone. Also a little surprised to not see a single AW in the lounge (and I saw most folks since I was walking around to close my Move ring). It makes me wonder about AW sales in Europe.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Saw my first ever AirPods in the BA lounge at LHR yesterday. To my surprise, guy had a Samsung phone.

That's interesting. While the AirPods will pair 'old school' like any other BT earphones to any other BT enabled device, they lose a lot of utility we have with iPhones (not surprisingly).

Given their cost, I wonder what it was exactly that made that person choose the AirPods. Maybe they have an iPhone as well?

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
I can honestly say I'm a part of that elite! I just picked up a Series 1 off of OfferUp for a mere $110 and a diet soda . It's in pristine condition, basically new and as I wrote this my AirPods just showed up too!

My life is complete!!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting. While the AirPods will pair 'old school' like any other BT earphones to any other BT enabled device, they lose a lot of utility we have with iPhones (not surprisingly).

Given their cost, I wonder what it was exactly that made that person choose the AirPods. Maybe they have an iPhone as well?

I'd be surprised if they didn't have an iPhone. I use mine with my S8+ and they work just like any other Bluetooth headphones but it's not like with the iPhone. They are made to work with Apple Products and I would never buy them to use with something else. The value is with how they work with my iPhone and Apple Watch.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
They are made to work with Apple Products and I would never buy them to use with something else. The value is with how they work with my iPhone and Apple Watch.

That's exactly why I bought the AirPods. I'm not sure what I'd buy if I had a non-iPhone. Most of the options are more expensive than the AirPods. Maybe the Beats?

Anyway not a problem since I have an iPhone and a Watch.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I can honestly say I'm a part of that elite! I just picked up a Series 1 off of OfferUp for a mere $110 and a diet soda . It's in pristine condition, basically new and as I wrote this my AirPods just showed up too!

My life is complete!!

Congrats on your AW S1 and Airpods! You'll love the combo :)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I visited what has to be one of the largest (in sq ft) Apple stores in central Madrid yesterday. They have a good selection of most everything, including ceramic watches, but when I asked about AirPods they just shook their heads no and giggled.

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I see the odd few people especially when I go into London. Overall I find people still don't understand fully what they are I still get "OH WOW you can pay using your watch?" I think its still more people who are interested in tech not your average person! Although my mum in her 60's will have one when i get series 3 hahaha

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
I see the odd few people especially when I go into London. Overall I find people still don't understand fully what they are I still get "OH WOW you can pay using your watch?" I think its still more people who are interested in tech not your average person! Although my mum in her 60's will have one when i get series 3 hahaha

Let me ask you this. I added my card to the watch, but forget I have the ability to do it as well. Do I just tap and pay like I do on my phone?

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes thedonp, once its all set up on your watch you double press the side button and you will have all the cards show up (swipe left or right to select the one you want to pay with) then just hold it at the reader! It dose not require any authentication as it knows it is on your wrist. I use it as much as i can.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes thedonp, once its all set up on your watch you double press the side button and you will have all the cards show up (swipe left or right to select the one you want to pay with) then just hold it at the reader! It dose not require any authentication as it knows it is on your wrist. I use it as much as i can.

Yep. I used my Saturday evening. The kid at the register said 'That is so cool!' I didn't disagree. I get a Haptic tap telling me the transaction is done. If I check the screen there's a visual confirmation as well. Interestingly, I get the tap several seconds before the cashier sees something similar on their screen. I have literally made my payment without a cashier seeing it and they're waiting on me. Then the confirmation pops up on their screen and they're slightly confused for a second or two. Makes me laugh a little inside.

I've got a 5s so the Watch is the only way I can use Apple Pay and that's good enough for me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods