Have you noticed more people wearing an Apple Watch?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Now that I think about it, I see a lot more Apple watches, but they're almost always sporting the band bought with the watch. It makes me think frequent band switching isn't prevalent. I know none of my friends change their bands.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Now that I think about it, I see a lot more Apple watches, but they're almost always sporting the band bought with the watch. It makes me think frequent band switching isn't prevalent. I know none of my friends change their bands.

Perhaps they just arent as fashion forward as those of us here :rotfl:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I would agree with this. Most people have the sport band in whatever color the Watch came with.

Perhaps they just arent as fashion forward as those of us here :rotfl:

I would also agree with this. Lol.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I see more Watch wearers on TV than in 'real life'. Det. Nick Carisi (Peter Scanavino) of Law and Order SVU wears a Silver Aluminum or Stainless Watch. I'll have to pay more attention next time. It's not product placement so it might even be his own Watch.

I've yet to see anyone wearing a Watch outside of an Apple Store.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I see more Watch wearers on TV than in 'real life'. Det. Nick Carisi (Peter Scanavino) of Law and Order SVU wears a Silver Aluminum or Stainless Watch. I'll have to pay more attention next time. It's not product placement so it might even be his own Watch.

I've yet to see anyone wearing a Watch outside of an Apple Store.

What makes you say it's not product placement?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
By my unofficial definition of product placement, you should be easily able to recognize what the product is and who makes it, or the placement is a fail. The point of placing it in the frame is to advertise it.

There have been flagrant examples of this on various shows. One is a star of a show mentioning their vehicle or it's feature by model and name. Product Placement. Or having the logo in plain view, crystal clear, such as the Apple logo on the back of a Mac. Almost always Product Placement. Acura cars on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Product Placement.

Watching the credits at the end of a show, you'll see the 'Promotional consideration...' disclaimer. Product Placement.

In this case you could barely see the Watch and it's face never turned on, and our hero wasn't checking the time. The Watch looks a lot like a Blaze from a distance. People were constantly telling me Obama wore a Watch. I only every saw a Blaze.

The only way I could see Carisi's Watch was to freeze the frame and hit the ENHANCE key several times. I could barely make out the side button but did see the black inlay of the digital crown. (This may make it a SS and not an Al Watch). Not once did he ever check the time. No Product Placement.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
By my unofficial definition of product placement, you should be easily able to recognize what the product is and who makes it, or the placement is a fail. The point of placing it in the frame is to advertise it.

snip...

The only way I could see Carisi's Watch was to freeze the frame and hit the ENHANCE key several times. I could barely make out the side button but did see the black inlay of the digital crown. (This may make it a SS and not an Al Watch). Not once did he ever check the time. No Product Placement.

If it was that difficult to spot then you're probably right - not a product placement. A good rule of thumb is that if you can recognize what a product is, then it's probably product placement. What you've described is definitely not that.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I see hundreds of them per day. I work in a mall that probably explains why I see so many though. Most of them I see are the Nike edition. I bought the all black Nike edition myself but I recently bought the white Nike band.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple watches everywhere! Still not many AirPods though... but one is meant to stay on all day, so don't expect to see the same amount.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Many wearing them, but the difference between aluminum sport vs. SS is very great and only a small handful wear SS, and only seen one guy wearing the ceramic edition.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I've not seen a single AW in the wild, outside of the local Apple Store.

I did see a guy wearing AirPods at a local supermarket. I had mine on. We exchanged 'knowing cool dude nods'.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Concentrated in the more affluent urban and suburban areas of the US.

I'd agree that specific areas are more likely to have AWWs (Apple Watch Wearers) than others. I'm not in a 'more affluent area' but hardly a victim of urban blight. Just sayin.

There are three Apple stores not two far away, plus a Target and Best Buy that seem to do a busy business selling Watches. And iPhones are everywhere.

I also move around a bit so I see big money invested in tricking out Benzes and Escalades big time. Just not one Watch. Yet. Maybe if I hung out in some fitness crowd...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unlike before when I was the one of maybe three people walking around wearing an Watch, I see a good deal of people wearing it now.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed more now that I own one. In the short time of having mine I've been stopped by several Apple watch wearers and non-wearers asking me what series I have and how I like it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2