Have you noticed more people wearing an Apple Watch?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I see them all the time, but that isn't new or recent, so I can't say I've seen an increase. If you want to see lots of Apple Watches, visit Disneyland. It's the most common watch you'll see there.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
rangerdeyo said:
Honestly I can't tell if someone has a sport or stainless steel model

If somebody keeps their SS even moderately clean, it should be easy to spot compared to a silver aluminum. If it's been recently polished, there's no mistaking it for anything but an SS.

People are always asking my 'Oh, is that the Apple Watch?' and occasionally someone will ask if it's a S1 or S2, yet they won't have a Watch.

As I said, I've yet to see anyone with a Watch outside an Apple Store. Occasionally I got a little excited only to see what looked like an AW was just a Blaze. I've yet to get to use the Secret Apple Watch Wearer's Handshake.

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes fairly often now, people appear to be using Apple Pay all the time, `I use my Apple Watch on a daily basis for everything from sending and reading texts to monitors exercise to checking the weather and generally paying for thing
's using Apple Pay, I also use it to play music and podcasts for me, would not be with out it now.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
If somebody keeps their SS even moderately clean, it should be easy to spot compared to a silver aluminum. If it's been recently polished, there's no mistaking it for anything but an SS.

I guess I'm not looking close enough. Not that it matters which one they have.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Four of my coworkers have them now so I don't feel so alone LOL. I remember when I first got it one of my managers at my work called me an iB1tch LOL.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Well according to Tim Cook during the earnings call, watch sales have doubled in the last year. We should be seeing a lot more of them overall.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Well according to Tim Cook during the earnings call, watch sales have doubled in the last year. We should be seeing a lot more of them overall.

Interesting comment by Cook. Since Apple doesn't release sales numbers, we just have to wonder what number was doubled.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
applejosh said:
. But I personally don't like wearing a watch like that for any length of time.

Lindsay does this only just to make the scanning easier. It's not necessary for the whole flight.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Now that I've been actively looking, I'm seeing mostly sport models and sport bands. I've seen a couple woven and Nike bands. I asked the wearers if they had Nike watches or just bands.

mrkeynes

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes I noticed an increase of Apple watches. I work in fast food and I'm the only one who has an Apple Watch. I now see customers sporting Apple Watch and every time I see them, I say "TEAM APPLE WATCH" and almost every response from them is "omg I love it!" And one guy says "I never go anywhere without it"

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes I noticed an increase of Apple watches. I work in fast food and I'm the only one who has an Apple Watch. I now see customers sporting Apple Watch and every time I see them, I say "TEAM APPLE WATCH" and almost every response from them is "omg I love it!" And one guy says "I never go anywhere without it"

This. :rotfl:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I see a lot of them on a daily basis. I rarely see a Samsung watch and I came from Samsung...used to get lots of compliments on it from Apple users. They wish their watch was round. I actually like the shape of the Apple Watch. It's a great ice breaker when I am talking with my customers. Especially when its the same color. LOL. I am in AZ and even in our colder temps I still notice the ⌚

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I see a lot of them on a daily basis. I rarely see a Samsung watch and I came from Samsung...used to get lots of compliments on it from Apple users. They wish their watch was round. I actually like the shape of the Apple Watch. It's a great ice breaker when I am talking with my customers. Especially when its the same color. LOL. I am in AZ and even in our colder temps I still notice the ⌚

I've only seen one Samsung watch "in the wild". The Best Buy employees seem to wear them at the stores by me. Not just the Samsung people either. Maybe they get a good discount on them. Idk.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I see many different variants of the Apple Watch in my areas of travel. I would estimate about 40% more in the last 4 months probably because of the Apple Watch making a great Christmas gift.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox